LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Mobility Radeon 2600 HD BIOS is needed!

Guest chassis_solution

Guest chassis_solution

Thank you, but there's no bios file for this card, just for the GDDR2:(. Also I have a problem with flashing, because the atiflash349 can't read the current bios entry, it reads only 0s and it doesn't recognize the flash IC but the interface test passes. When I tried to flash the GDDR2 bios, atiflash recognized the card's ID, part number etc., but it said write failure 0/10000h flashed. I think this card is broken:(.

well can you provide the story as to why you want to flash the card

Guest chassis_solution

I wanted to flash the card, because it won't turned on when I turned on the notebook (Acer Aspire 5710G) and it beeped once long and twice short. I thought it was because the card was in a HP notebook. I couldn't get the original bios from it, because the output file was a big zero. I'm going to return the card to the seller.

how did you try to flash it when it does not even post?

di you try winflash or flashrom

you are correct 1 long, 2 short, Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video

i have not seen an acer with 2600hd version, you need an acer 2600hd bios to make it work

Guest Guest
how did you try to flash it when it does not even post?

di you try winflash or flashrom

you are correct 1 long, 2 short, Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video

i have not seen an acer with 2600hd version, you need an acer 2600hd bios to make it work

I created a boot flash drive and I ran Atiflash. Atiflash said unknown SPI. I tried to make a backup with the parameter ignoring the cards properties but it failed too. In Windows, I logged in from a remote computer, because I wanted to see what's going on. There wasn't any display device, not even the sign of it, like in Everest or whatever. Winflash didn't run, I tried so many times, so many ways. In Safe mode with command line I ran Atiflash and there was a new message with red letters, which said unknown part number and eeprom. Yesterday I tried an NVidia card. It was the same, unknown eeprom, zero bytes of backup. The eeproms ID was 20,00. In NVFlash documentation, NVFlash doesn't support this flashrom. It was a HP card too.

My theory 1: The HP notebooks (or just in some types) vbios is in system bios and it's emulated. Or there is a partial rom on the mainboard, which works together with the vbios.

My theory 2: HP use flashroms for their products which flash loader is not public and the HP-Compaq mainbord (and maybe Lenovo) can only read that.

My theory 3: Both of 1 and 2:).

I tried to upgrade my Radeon 2300HD to NVidia 8600m GS and it was successful, everything worked fine.