LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia GeForce Go 7300 and BioShock

Spencer E.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I just had a question that you guys might be able to help me out with. I just recently purchased BioShock for my PC and I'm getting the same problem I did with the demo. Every once and a while it will cause a blue screen with the dll, nv4_disp.dll. I want to upgrade my ForceWare on my 7300 but last time I had upgraded them, my fan had stopped working on my GPU and it would heat up extremely. I'm using a Toshiba so that also could be the cause of that because apparently I need certain drivers but Toshiba hasn't upgraded the drivers for the 7300 since 2006. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

yes problems occur when having new games and playing them on old drivers.

An easy fix would be to update your drivers.

i reccomend 174.74. Just read the quick start guide on how to update drivers for your video card.

yes problems occur when having new games and playing them on old drivers.

An easy fix would be to update your drivers.

i reccomend 174.74. Just read the quick start guide on how to update drivers for your video card.

Thanks. I've updated my drivers to 169.04 and so far I haven't had any problems with the fans not turning on when it's running so I think I'm good! :) Do you think that I would notice a huge difference if I go from 169.04 to 174.74?

Also, I realized I put this in the wrong forum.

yes i would say so if you moved up, because i have :)

but thats not to say you would too.

best thing to do is read the thread on the driver you are interested in for driver feedback if u have doubts about updating to that version :)

Alright, thanks for the help! ^_^