LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v175.12 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Well, hurried to download direct from NVidia, and of course it didn't work - what a mess. From here it at least installed, will see if everything works.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• tuntun

• nightwolf314

• KowaSkill

Bad performance with Assassins Creed on 8600m gs. In fact the worst I've tried, still I've only tried 174.xx series.

Anyways, what driver got best performance with Assassins Creed? And what is the lastest overclockable driver for HP dv9000 series? 169.04?

1st problem: no CP at all, neither new nor old.

after installing drivers, clock speeds dropped to low power mode on all settings.... reset using rivatuner, everything seemed to be working fine till i put it in low power mode and found out it doesnt clock down anymore.... going to attempt a second install, will post scores later :)

after a second round of installing drivers, low power setting still not functional and unable to complete 3dmark06 because graphics driver crashes and afterward performance is HORRIBLE

no problem with installation. better temperature. better fps ( i tasted only crysis ). PERFECT!!! next step -> 3dmark vantage :fear: :_(

:)

So I installed these and wasn't prompted to restart?

Looks like they went in fine though, they are showing up in the control panel (Nvidia control panel is working for the 32-bit with this INF), and I restarted just to be sure.

But yeah, I'll give it a spin with some games sometime this week and report back.

I INSTALLED THIS DRIVERS ( GOT DIRECTLY FROM NVIDIA ) AND I USED INF FROM LAPTOPVIDEO2GO. ON MY NVIDIA CONTROL PAINEL IT SHOW'S MY DRIVER IS A 156.22 !!!!!! WHATTTTTT !!????????? WHY ???? mY COMPONENTS ARE VERSION 7.15.11.5622 . HOW IT HAPPED IF I GOT 175.12 FROM NVIDIA ? I SAW WHAT WAS WRITTEN IN NVIDIA HOME PAGE AND IT WAS THE RIGHT DRIVERS........ anyway latter i will get drivers from laptopvideo2go. If anyone knows something about this tell me.

By

Luigi

AWESOME DRIVER!!!

Played CoD4 and WiC for about 2.5 hours with these and they worked beautifully!

I did have a lockup with CoD4, but I believe it was a server thing. (Not a big thing either, comparable to the driver recovery error I'd get with 174.74)

Anyway, after 2.5 hours my temp reading was only 72C so these are definitely a keeper.

Bad performance with Assassins Creed on 8600m gs. In fact the worst I've tried, still I've only tried 174.xx series.

Anyways, what driver got best performance with Assassins Creed? And what is the lastest overclockable driver for HP dv9000 series? 169.04?

Does anybody know the answer to this question please?

First of all it's my first post on this forum (i already used it but now I'm posting) so HELLO!

Works quite good for me (GF 8600M GT 512MB DDR2).

Good:

> No FPS drops with AC (no going down to low power 3D)

> Good overall performance

> No crashes so far

> Control panel working (not like in 174.93)

Bad:

> FPS drops on battery (always low power 3D)

> No overclocking

But remember that's what i discovered in my laptop :]

Edited by Paralityk

has anybody tried this with unreal tournament 3? my game settings (player name, input settings) are all messed up ever since i installed these.

frame rate drops in UT3 after some time.

Worked good for me so far. Was playing Assasins Creed for a few hours yesterday and didnt notice anything weird. Only got like a 1 FPS increase, compared to all the other drivers I installed, but at leasts its better. Turok works good, CNC3 lookin good as well, no crashes unlike 174.xx series. Overall I recommend to any body havinf an Inspiron 1520 with 8600. Sry I couldnt help the guy with the HP dv notebook playing Assassins, but they worked good for me :)

Starting Vintage soon, I just downloaded it. Se what comes up for all Inspiron 1520 users.

Ok, forget I eve nsaid I was downloading that. Results were so suk a$$, I felt like stompin on the laptop.

3DMark Vantage slideshow crashes with MS Visual runtime error; 174.93 did work.

Installed and theres a lot of graphical corruption minimizing and maximizing in Aero. Theres also flickering in dreamscene and media players, I tried to get on with it and use them but just couldn't in the end. Never actually got round to using it in game in the end so can't comment there, but for using the laptop for day to day task's these drivers are a backwards step not a fowards one.

The problems these drivers give me used to happen ages ago when I first changed to Vista then eventually they got fixed....now they seem to be back again :)

Im someone that has to have the lastest and greatest and normally could put up with such things, but as 174.74 give me great performance in games already I don't see what these drivers actually buy me.

Big no from me :)

x

Edited by masterjonny

best performance. but only after powermizer is disabled in the inf

worst driver ever, seemed to hit my cpu performance the most for some reason. Lost 700 marks in 3dmark06

Installed and theres a lot of graphical corruption minimizing and maximizing in Aero. Theres also flickering in dreamscene and media players, I tried to get on with it and use them but just couldn't in the end. Never actually got round to using it in game in the end so can't comment there, but for using the laptop for day to day task's these drivers are a backwards step not a fowards one.

The problems these drivers give me used to happen ages ago when I first changed to Vista then eventually they got fixed....now they seem to be back again :)

Im someone that has to have the lastest and greatest and normally could put up with such things, but as 174.74 give me great performance in games already I don't see what these drivers actually buy me.

Big no from me :P

x

Maybe when you were switching to Vista you overheated your graphic card (by accident, doesn't have to be Vista's fault) Cause that's how it looks like :) And maybe older drivers get's graphic only in low power 3D/standard 2D which have lower clocks :P

Edited by Paralityk

Guest deckbox

I have a Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS (Asus X55SV). This driver works very good for me. Every other driver in the 17x.xxx series crashed my system and rebooted my notebook. I have no flickering, slowdowns (i have a speedup in the default speeds), crashes.... nothing ^^ :thumbsup:

I love this driver :)

Good: VERY VERY Stable Driver

Supports a lot of new GPU's

Fixes alot of Bug's

Bad: 1-3 fps slower than the ForceWare 174.93

RECOMMENDED!!!!!! :) :P :thumbsup: :rofl: :P