LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v175.12 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

lol, there actually good drivers, forgot to take my laptop out of power save mode :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• tuntun

• nightwolf314

• KowaSkill

I am using now on Tecra M5 notebook with Nvidia NVS110M. Last time I got intermittent flickering using original Toshiba driver. Now it is OK and no obvious problem. So far so good. Mine is Vista business. Thanks

Guest Guest

I am I the only one whose computer doesn't return from sleep state after installing these drivers?

Same thing with one of the 174.xx series, I don't remember which one exactly... casually the ones that give me a good temperature cause me that problem. :)

Guest SCE_Sobek

good drivers for me...i get about 35 more points on 3dmark and the best thing no crashes on COD4

8600m gt, i was having problems with all the 174 drivers where the driver would reset after some game time..but now its all good

looking forward to this series!

Everything fine on 8600M GT

but ASUS Splendid utility cannot work with this driver. (174.31 was O.K.)

I'll return to 174.31

best one i've tried so far...

responds fast to increase clock speed from powermizer mode if performance is needed....

i have a question though... i hope someone answer... :) please? :) :P :P

It says it has MS WHQL certificate... but when installing it tells me no digital certificate and dxdiag says no WHQL logo too.

Is this because of the modded inf? (i need to use it too because my vcard is not originally supported)

i'm sorry if this is somewhere in the modded inf FAQ and i missed it....

Driver works great so far. If anything this one might go up in my Custom INF if these are stable enough.

Got to test the Powermizer settings and SmartDimmer last night due to a power failure and it performed very well with a battery life that lasted about 3 hours total.

No problems found.

3DMark06:

175.12 - 5.161 (max GPU temp - 81C)

174.93 - 5.151 (80C)

174.82 - 5.153 (76C)

174.74 - 5.169 (78C)

174.70 - 5.110 (77C)

Guest Guest

Tried 174.32 and 175.12 on 3DMark Vantage, and got increase in GPU test by 600 points! My system is Asus G2S-A1 8600GT ( 1920x1200 ), for some reason 3DMark detected it as 8600 GS O.o

At the first look... the driver seems ok... lost 8C from the temperature. and Gaming Graphics is now 5.2 .... with the 174 was 5.1

Gonna try these today, downloading them now. I'll let you know if i run into trouble.

EDIT: Downloaded and installed these on XPS M1730 with SLi 8700M GT cards, and got weird results.

They installed fine, but weird results with a few games.

All Source Engine Games, CnC3, World of Warcrat, And Oblivion are all running with MAX settings and Vsync on @ 1280x800 60FPS nonstop

Unreal Engine 3 games blew chunks with these drivers. Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 3 chop up to the point they are UNPLAYABLE! Both with Medium Settings @ 1280x800. I hope I can figure out why, these two games are great.

Edited by BoilingOil

try 174.12 . i play ut3 and gears at around 35-58 fps @ 1280x800 max settings on my overclocked 8600M GT. Yours shud do much better. UT3 doesnt stutter. gears does a lil bit, but i think thats the case with every1 having less than 512mb video ram.

When I turn on the laptop sometimes the Digital Vibrance function is 0 and I have to turn it back to 76 ( my setting )... Anyone had this problem?

I had found this,too.

When I close my Laptop cover then open again

ASUS Splendid utility will reset to normal position.

When I turn on the laptop sometimes the Digital Vibrance function is 0 and I have to turn it back to 76 ( my setting )... Anyone had this problem?

me also. Digital Vibrance will reset to 0 when i restart my laptop.

performance is almost same as 174.74, so i reverted to 174.74.

maybe i will wait for 18X.XX driver :)

M using XPS m1330 with 8400m GS, m wondering, ppl said BSOD after installed version 1.74.? . So, anyone with the same machine tried with this driver yet? M using 1.69.? driver and working fine, did not install any game @ the moment as just got the machine and playing with Vista (my first Vista OS :) )

hello , i have an xps1730 ;x9000; 8800mgtx sli .... i use the 174.74 driver all my game are fluide exept , R6Vegas2 screen bug in game , freeze in frontline fuelofwar, and damned windowed start in crysis ....

if someone try new driver with those game and have news please let me know ! thanks :)

I installed this on a Dell Vostro 1700 with 8600M GT and I'm not sure what's going on but I no longer have Aero as an option. In device manager it's saying the driver is unsigned and during the installation it gave me a warning about that. Does it even need to be signed to do aero?

I downloaded the driver, extracted it, copied the modded INF over the one there and ran setup. Apart from the unsigned driver warning I got no errors or problems. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by erikk

NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0405.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS"

in the modified Inf.

I installed this on a Dell Vostro 1700 with 8600M GT and I'm not sure what's going on but I no longer have Aero as an option. In device manager it's saying the driver is unsigned and during the installation it gave me a warning about that. Does it even need to be signed to do aero?

I downloaded the driver, extracted it, copied the modded INF over the one there and ran setup. Apart from the unsigned driver warning I got no errors or problems. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

Nobody has any idea why Aero isn't working with this driver? I'm having a hell of a lot of problems with the Dell driver and I'd love to be able to use something that's up to date. Thanks a lot in advance for any help.