LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Member Profile Enhancements

ByronGman

Oh yeah!

This is off-topic but I don't really know where to put it.

I was thinking that it would really awesome if there were some check-boxes in everyone's profile for stuff like whether they use Powermizer, Overclock their card, ect.

I know people could just put that info in their "other information" but not many seem to.

That kind of stuff can really affect how well the driver works on your machine too, so I just though it would be nice when we're comparing results and stuff to have available right along the GPU version and all the other profile stats.

Just a suggestion!

Have a look to the left. I wonder how many poeple will put in their info...

true,

most people who post on the forums are guests and as you say not all members will update there profile, but atleast some will.

Yeah,

Hopefully most of the registered users will notice it and update their profiles...

I almost wished that unregistered users weren't allowed to post without creating a profile, since their results and problems have almost no context without alot of this information (and few people like to type that with every post).

Of course, that makes it a pain for people who are new to this stuff or just want some quick support, so that probably isn't a good route to take. I'd much rather this be a community friendly site than an exclusive one!

their results and problems have almost no context without alot of this information
Right, i totally agree on that ever since.

That is a dilemna indeed.

I guess a potential solution would be to place another "hitch" in the posting process.

Like every time one of these non-registered users posts they have to go through an additional screen that tells them why we want them to register and asks them if they want to (maybe also asks them to remember to enter certain critical data).

I know there is already the "type in the code in the image" step, but this seems like an additional screen might be a little more affective.... plus the redundancy of the two combined would get under people's skin after awhile...

New people just looking for some advice won't get locked out, but people who are just too lazy to register will probably get annoyed enough to register....

Just a thought to ponder.... I was bored today lol.