LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell XPS M1530 Using 8600M GT

Aramillolo

I have tried many different driver downloads so far, that have all stated they offer support for the card, but each time I attempt to install the driver, it says that it cannot locate the drivers for my hardware. I am extremely confused, and cannot for the life of me figure this out. With the number of google searches and installation attempts I've made, I'm about to give up.

I just started the Age of Conan beta and I believe one major problem is the driver, as when I start the game up, it advises me that my current driver is known for being unstable with the game, and that I need 169.21 or greater. I read that other people using the 8600M GT, even some Dell users like myself, have gotten their hands on greater than 169.21 in the form of beta drivers. Could someone help me out? Would anyone happen to have come across the same issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks!

please read the guides that what they are for :)

all the relevant stuff you need to read are found in my sig after this post.

bassically you download a driver from this site as well as a "modded inf" and put that in the driver folder and overwrite the original for you to able to install your card.