LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3D Mark 06 scores 25% lower than they should be

Guest Robert2088

Guest Robert2088

Hello guys,

I used to do multiple benchmarks with my laptop using 3d MARK 06 and recently (although I didn't update my drivers), my score went from being a 3.9k-4k average to a 3.1k - 3.0k.

The resolution settings and other graphic characteristics are the same, if I compare the excel files. The computer score is the same, but my 3D card score is way too low. I would like to know if anyone experienced similar issues and if they did, is there a fix?

Once again, nothing changed here and just rerunning the 3D mark benchmark gives me the same s***ty results. I tried restarting the comp and reinstalling the drivers, using driver cleaner, without luck.

I am currently on 169.21.

Thanks a lot

do you also notice a drop in peformance within normal games?

also make sure your powersettings are set to desktop/mas performance rather than powersaver.

Guest Robert2088
do you also notice a drop in peformance within normal games?

also make sure your powersettings are set to desktop/mas performance rather than powersaver.

No I don't think with normal games there is a performance drop. It is set to max performance, although I do think my video card underclocks itself if the computer is idle (mouse aint moving) which would expalin the low scores ... Any way to fix that?

This sort of thing has also happened with me i installed 169.09 drivers and got 5326 score for a while then recently i done it again and got 47xx (cant remember what the last two numbers where). The games still perform the same ans stuff but its bugging me. I dont no abut hte graphics card underclocking it self pon mine but my cpu automaticly underclocks it self depening on what im doing.