LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WoW GeForce FX Go 5200 64mb help

dromega

Hi guys, here's the problem. I have a Toshiba Satellite M30 PSM30C-7101C, 512mb of ram, 1.5 ghz. And I'm trying to play WoW.

I've cranked the settings way down, and the game runs, but it tends to lock up after a few min. I only have the default drivers, What is the best drivers to pick for my computer specifically to play WoW. I looked up benchmarks on this site, but I ONLY want to play wow, so which 3dmark score do I want etc. HELP . Also, if you do have the right drivers do I need to modify the nv4_disp.inf file or something? Could someone tell me / point me to the right place to install them again.

Thanks,

-DrOmega

I am playing WoW on my 32MB GeForce FX Go 5200 with the 67.66 driver and Larry's modded .inf. It runs very, very well.

You might try increasing your RAM first - 512 is playable but you'll get a lot of stuttering. I was recently playing with the above driver and 512MB of RAM and I would get a lot of stuttering. You can have a perfect driver and a great card but if your RAM is short the game won't play well. Get at least a gig if possible.