LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Bios for x1600 Ati on m3438g

Guest atomi23

Guest atomi23

Hello i got a littel problem I got a ATi x1600 and was trying to installing it on my amilo m3438g becouse i got only a black scren but sound from starting windows with my old geforce 6800 but after I installing the x1600 them problem , so i don´t now its the new card also broken or something else or it´s only maybe a bios problem so have someone a bios file for the card maybe as a cdímage how runs automaticall becouse i didn´t see anythink on my screen or any other solutions ? Cheers

Guest atomi23

So it´look like that i was buying a HP Card and i don´t now why but that card didn´t work on my m3438 Amilo i think is really the wrong bios file on the card have nobody a bios file for me ? that will be work ? I didn´t find a bios on techpowerup becouse ther are nó bios file for mxm cards and mobilitty 1600 ATI

Guest Danny

Hello!

Try to make a backup with Atiflash. You should make an MS-DOS bootable flash drive, floppy drive or anything you can boot from and run Atiflash. Make a backup and change the vendor in Rabit. But I think you cannot make backup from HP cards, I have some bad experiences too.