LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9500M GS Aero rating

Syvere

I bought a new Acer Aspire 8920G with T5750, 4GB DDR2 and more importantly 9500M GS 512MB which should be a bit more powerful than the 8600M GT DDR2.

Now the problem isn't a big one but annoying nonetheless. I get 4.4 for Aero rating in Vista!

Ratings are as follows:

CPU 4.9

RAM 5.1

Aero 4.4

Gaming 5.3

HDD 5.3

Isn't Aero rating way too low for this card? Any ideas how to fix the problem? I'm using 174.93 drivers at the moment.

That does seem quite low... Mine is

CPU (which is a T7200) 4.9

Ram 4.9

Windows Aero Graphics 5.9

Gaming 5.8 (so close to another 5.9!)

hdd 5.4

Thats using a gddr3 GO 7900GS flashed to a GO 7900GTX

Ok... i'll add to this one.

I have 8600GT which gets 5.9 for aero and 5.6 for GFX

CPU is T7700 2.4Ghz and gets 5.3

Obviously the main difference is that your card is made for DX10 ( 9 series) and mine is "capable" of running DX10 (8 series). But the main difference is that yours is 5 which is average speed/ specs. mine is 6 which is same card, but higher core and mem speed.

user - alive: has a 9 which is the highest. gtx also pretty impressive. so he'll get the higher clock speed ... anyway i am sure you know this... talking too much now.

forget about windows rating. its based on benchmarks that use DX/ d3d. so if you don't have it uptodate then it might be giving you a low score.

both the 8 and 9 series are made for DX10.

the reason for 4.4 just shows that vista rating isnt a good benchmark and shouldnt be taken seriously

Ok... i'll add to this one.

I have 8600GT which gets 5.9 for aero and 5.6 for GFX

CPU is T7700 2.4Ghz and gets 5.3

Obviously the main difference is that your card is made for DX10 ( 9 series) and mine is "capable" of running DX10 (8 series). But the main difference is that yours is 5 which is average speed/ specs. mine is 6 which is same card, but higher core and mem speed.

user - alive: has a 9 which is the highest. gtx also pretty impressive. so he'll get the higher clock speed ... anyway i am sure you know this... talking too much now.

forget about windows rating. its based on benchmarks that use DX/ d3d. so if you don't have it uptodate then it might be giving you a low score.

What the heck are you on about? 8600GT is a bit worse than 9500M GS, unless you have a DDR3 in which case it's slightly faster. The only reason you get that high is probably because overclocking (I'm talking about gaming rating). That, however, still doesn't explain the low Aero rating I'm getting (4.4).

Overclocking does not seem to have an affect on the score. My original clocks were 350 and 500.. now 600, 600... the only change was 0.1 for the gaming graphics. Windows vista is not too good for benchmarking, as previously said, its just an indication. Use 3dmark for a proper score, then try out different drivers.

Overclocking does not seem to have an affect on the score. My original clocks were 350 and 500.. now 600, 600... the only change was 0.1 for the gaming graphics.

Agreed. My gaming score went from 5.6 to 5.7 wih 20% overclock. The whole benchmark is just a coarse indicator - yet nice to have 5.9 on Aero...

Not sure how a 7900GS managed it though... Glad I changed it from the X1400 previously installed! Especially as it apparently beats the 8600GT of 512 ram for gaming graphics.