LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP 6552ea - nVidia GeForce 7150M / MCP67M ?

Dubliners

Hi there,

This site is great. However I'm confused ! :S

Hopefully I can just post my issue and not be blitzed being called lazy for not going through the manuals etc, but honestly I have and I am really confused because my driver details (what is stated in Vista's device manager) do not match the INF downloads on here - maybe this is an error on my part :S .

I have a HP Pavillion DV6552ea with nVidia GeForce 7150M. I think to avoid me confusiing you I should provide the links from HP's Software & Downloads page where I go to find the updates for my drivers etc so here's LINK 1 and LINK 2.

The first link is for my graphics chip and the second my nForce chipset.

Please can I be advised which file (INF or other) to download from this site?

Something else that confuses me which hopefully someone may be able to address for me is that when I go into my device manger and click on my video adapter properties, I don't see the GeForce 7150M as its description but rather "MCP67M".... What is that? I believe the MCP stands for micro-communications processor, but isn't the 7150M the graphics chip?.... :)

What's that about?

You need a modded iNF for the video card. The Video Card is MCP67 (at least that#s one of the name... nvidia eventually changed it later to 7150M i think).

You can download any of the drivers we host here and use the provided INF in those driver threads. Recommneded in those days is 174.74 either with Pieter's INF or one of >40 the original manufacturer's INFs already included in this particular driver.

Here#s a rough overview of one of Pieter's (older) INFs about the supported MCP67 models. It#s all about the Device ID. So in order to figure what is inside your laptop you need to check the Device Manager and the "details" tab of the video card:

NVIDIA_C67.DEV_0530.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7190M / nForce 650M"

NVIDIA_C67.DEV_0531.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M"

NVIDIA_C67.DEV_0532.1 = "NVIDIA MCP67M"

NVIDIA_C67.DEV_0533.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M"

NVIDIA_C67.DEV_053F.1 = "NVIDIA MCP67M "

• 10 months later...

the MCP67M is your motherboard chipset. the 7150M is your graphics card. I have an Acer Aspire 5520.

it has a MCP67/68 Nforce Chipset. It came with a 8400M MXM Video card. My graphics card is dedicated

as apposed to integrated. I believe in your case and I am guessing as I am not 100%/ familiar with

you particular system is your graphics card is integrated. I'm guessing here as well that is why it shows

the MCP67M as your videocard in the properties. Most HP's and Compaq's have integrated graphics.

My suggestion would be download the modded INF and open it and search for 7150M in the list of

supported cards. I also agree the 7150M is a codename or something for the videocard. I would guess

to speed searching for drivers. But try that and I would suggest posting your results if you get it working,

So if you get it working it will help others with a similar system. Hope that helps! :)