LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v175.70 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Hi guys I installed these drivers some days ago on asus pro57sn laptop (svga nvidia 9500m gs) but sometimes xp freezes itself for 2-3sec. It can depends on these drivers? Or maybe is just cause 5400rpm hd?? In vista i haven't any problem.

ps sorry for my very bad english.

byez.

How come the download speed here is really very slow, arround 10kbps the most???WTH! Can anyone tell me where to download this driver which has fast DL speed..........i tried going to the Nvidia Website does not have this 175.70 yet?How come??? they only have the 175.16?How the hell does lv2g already have this 175.70 already???

Help

I have a Dell laptop XPS Gen 2 with a nvidia 6800 ultra 256 I am able to load the driver however when i try to run Age of Conan it works for around 3 to 5 min then the entire computer shuts down . When i power up i get an error message on boot up that says . "Powered off because warmer then expected" error code #1004.

Am i going to have to buy a new computer or is there a driver that will work on my machine? Any suggestions on what i should look at next?

Thanks

Kod,

Give the most recent 169.xx drivers a shot I think they run cooler. Also it would be very rough trying to play Age of Conan with that card, you might need a new computer anyway. Even my laptop with a 512mb 8600M GT I can only run at low settings at the moment. Personally it would be best to use a desktop for the game. Have fun with the game!

dl_speed.png

and

How come the download speed here is really very slow, arround 10kbps the most???WTH! Can anyone tell me where to download this driver which has fast DL speed..........i tried going to the Nvidia Website does not have this 175.70 yet?How come??? they only have the 175.16?How the hell does lv2g already have this 175.70 already???
The answer is in the FAQ. Have a look in the general FAQ post.

Bummer

I was afraid i would have to get a new computer. I spend alot of time on the road so i use a laptop alot. I was hoping to get by with this one but doesnt look like it. I did try some of the 169 drivers but ill look at them again.

Thanks

Guest just a driver-lurker, NZ
Hopefully this is the right place to post this. I'm having a resolution issue with all 17x.xx drivers. I'm using a 15" Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, with the 512MB 8600M GT. I'm using windows XP pro via bootcamp. After clean installing these drivers my Macbook Pro native resolution is recognized correctly. I then add my 22" Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 1680x1050 and that is recognized correctly. Everything is fine until I restart my computer. After the restart my monitor is recognized as 1280x1024, and the monitor itself when I look at it's menu says 1280x1024. I know it's not a monitor problem because it never does this with MacOSX. The whole reason this is an issue is I'm trying to play Age of Conan and the resolution thing is annoying me to no end, but it happens all the time not just in game. Thanks for any help that can be provided in solving this issue.

hey,

I've got a macbook pro 17" 2.4GHz 256 with the 8600M GT, xp sp2 (sp3 just today, after a complete meltdown) - I get the same sort of issues after rebooting when the DVI cable is connected to my external Dell 2407... the external monitor never remembers its setting, and does things like show in display properties as 1920x1200 but only displays 1680x1200 on the monitor with desktop scrolling when the mouse gets to the edge of the screen, etc.

the only drivers that ever worked for me were the tiger bootcamp beta drivers (1.4 I think) - every other driver has had some problem with rebooting while the monitor cable is connected, not remember resolutions, not cloning or dual-viewing or showing subsets of supported resolutions.

my cousin has a dell laptop with a gforce 6800 go in it and a lot of the drivers from here (currently the 169.09 xp 32bit ones) do the same thing - he can't boot with an external dvi connection either, and forget about remembering any settings, seeing all the resolutions in the cloning/dualview wizards, and generally behaving etc.

while I appreciate the drivers getting modded and updated, it is really hard to know what drivers to use - all these different 15x 16x 17x series are doing my head in, and successful installs for other people are not a guarantee that your hardware will work with them nicely! Just today I blackscreened twice installing drivers, and the SP3 installer blackscreened and wanted to send a driver thread hang error report to MS. Could be some ongoing hardware issues I've got, so I'm working through them while trying to get some actual work done. Fun times.

still, I have to say that I'm happy I don't still use a laptop with an ATI card - the last one was an ati radeon 9700 and it was complete rubbish. I won't be using anything with an ATI card again out of sheer frustration and a healthy dose of spite. Same applies to the laptop manufacturers/resellers as well (voodoo pc) - Too lame to explain, and I'm still annoyed about it years later. (Hey Rahul Sood, if you ever randomly read this I'm talking about you and your POS laptops. I almost had to set fire to it and throw it off my roof... you know, before it set fire to itself.)

woah, sorry about the mini-rant... angry times, angry times.

good luck with the drivers, and remember to boot without the DVI cable attached until you get some better drivers and then post what works, please!

Guest Tetram

Actually, the problem you describe occurs also for me, with a Toshiba notebook with a 7900GS.

From 16xx driver, it's the same issue. Give a try to 15x driver, it should work.

It's sad that nvidia doesn't solve this problem...