LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800m GTS drivers

tomektm

is 8800m GTS supported in 169.09 release, i tried installing it and it does not recognize the hardware, if you had more luck than me give me some guides to instal it

try a newer driver like 175.16.

169.09 inst supported becauause at the time it was made the card didnt exist.

Guest Conrad
Uh NO He is asking about LAPTOP drivers. Nvidia only has 8700M drivers on their site.

true and gateway does not have a updated driver for my 8800m gts since 1/23/08. Does any one know what drivers I could put in to make it work better?

My gaming is suffering from fps rates...

Guest Guest

Im having the same issue, I cant get Age of Conan to run b/c it says my forceware is unstable but I cant find a version that installs on my laptop....hope someone can help before Saturday ...otherwise no conan for me haha

I needed XP to run CATIA V5 for my work, since CATIA is not suported under vista i added second HD and loaded XP on it with 169.09 drivers. After updating with INF file i used "have disk "method to force installation with driver %NVIDA_G84.DEV_042E.1% found in a VC list. It's not ideal but that list doesnt have 8800m GTS on it, so far i did not have any crashes but i dont know how if affects video game performance. I am just happy i got Catia to work for now

• 1 month later...
I needed XP to run CATIA V5 for my work, since CATIA is not suported under vista i added second HD and loaded XP on it with 169.09 drivers. After updating with INF file i used "have disk "method to force installation with driver %NVIDA_G84.DEV_042E.1% found in a VC list. It's not ideal but that list doesnt have 8800m GTS on it, so far i did not have any crashes but i dont know how if affects video game performance. I am just happy i got Catia to work for now

Could someone describe this in a little more detail please? I've been trying to get my 8800m gts to run in XP all week and am confused about how people are getting it to work. I'll keep reading and trying different things in the mean time...

Thanks

I have a P-6860FX as well, but for some reason whenever i run WoW i get an almost instant BSOD, saying its a driver issue, followed by "nvlddmkm Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

any idea what driver i should download to alleviate this problem?

Use Driver 169.09 with the modded INF and use the "Have Disc" method.

All the info is at latopvideo2go.com, for anyone trying to do this read the quickstart guide and the "Have Disc" method to install the driver on a Gateway P6860-FX with a Nvidia 8800m GTS video card running XP on a dual boot

will 169.09 work on 64bit vista as well? there seems to be a lot of fixes for xp, but few to none for vista :)

Guest Jeremy
will 169.09 work on 64bit vista as well? there seems to be a lot of fixes for xp, but few to none for vista :)

I own the Gateway P-6860FX as well and currently use the 175.63 Vista 64-bit drivers from laptopvideo2go.com

Here's the URL: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18534

I've messed with several different drivers before going with this one. Really seems to do the trick.

I also recommend using Driver Sweeper 1.5.5 before installing these new drivers. It can be downloaded from: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Hope this helps. Visit our website, http://www.helmetheadcyclegear.com if you drive a motorcycle!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John

I own a P-6860FX also. I was so disappointed in how FFXI looked on it, I was about to return it (FFXI is about all I play). The link above me worked PERFECTLY!!! 29.4 FPS almost everywhere. Dropped to 14-16 FPS at AH and while fighting Byakko in sky once. The game runs very smoothly, but I did notice a problem with lighting with this driver. Very minor, hardly noticeable. Anyway, if you play on this card, this is your solution. Great job Jeremy!