• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kecinzer

• Michael Marley

• P.J

• AndiDi

Still lagging :) .

I don't believe, that I some day can fix this :)

Try for instance 176.92 - it's WHQL and with original inf supports most cards and as from different branch may behave better than 180.70.

Try for instance 176.92 - it's WHQL and with original inf supports most cards and as from different branch may behave better than 180.70.

I tryed lot of 176.xx driver, even from Dell, but no success. So I'm very sceptic whit this. But try...

Do you have this problem with Vista Basic Theme instead of AERO ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have this scrolling issues only with AERO.

In basic theme is fluent like a charm :) .

Can't believe Dell still hasn't released an updated driver!!!

They have released an updated driver but that driver does not fix this problem. But with later driver I think it is getting better. But it is still not usable for me.

The slowdown can be seen best in applications that do a lot of text rendering like XEmacs.

-Andi

I'm so gald I finally found other people who have the same problem.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be a solution to this problem.

I just switched off Aero and have been running Vista in Classic Mode for the last half year :)

I'm having this same issue and it has irritated me beyond belief. It's not a Dell issue because it's happening on my HP DV6780se 8400M GS, current driver 180.84 v1 and was happening on the driver before this one too, forgot which one it was. I will revert back to the HP driver to see if it still does it. I was browsing Sony's website(turned out to be a great test for this issue) checking out their laptops and Firefox is slow and jerky as hell. So I got on a friends Sony Vaio with same CPU and an Intel X3100 and it's smooooooooth. How irritating is that? I don't believe its the powermizer. It will be just as slow and jerky in 3d perf mode gpu at 400MHz as it is in 2d mode gpu clock 170MHz as it

Anyways, I'm going to keep tinkering and hopefully someone will figure this out.

Guest post_111
I just installed the all new nvidia universal notebook driver at http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_drivers.html and it seems to fix the lag issue. Will have to test a little further.

I hope everything will get better now as NVidia will release their own notebook drivers now (not the Notebook vendors themselves).

Didn't fix it for me...Went back to the original HP drivers too, problem still exists. I swear I've tried about everything from different chipset drivers to nvidia drivers. What's strange is all my windows experience scores look normal except for my desktop performance for Windows aero is 3.4. I've seen people with the same exact specs as me with a much higher score here. I'll keep trying different drivers I guess. It just irritates me because my friends laptop with an Intel X3100 runs so smooth, well except for in gaming :)

Yes, it's the best for me (179.28): http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_drivers.html

Try changing the PerfLevelSrc value from 3333 to 3322 or 2222 :)

Or booting to windows without battery.

Yes, it's so annoying :)

Guest post_111

Well I don't know what to think now...So my windows experience desktop score is low and that is probably because my nvidia GPU's 2D clock which I can live with. That score really means nothing. I just want smooth browsing and no browser lockups or crashes. I'm starting to think it's not the graphics drivers alone. I installed Google Chrome and it runs smooth compared to IE and Firefox and I don't get the lockups that I do in those browsers. So maybe Microsoft, Adobe, Intel, and Nvidia just need to get together and make their products work better together. I dunno. I give up .

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I'll test, but I think, that this is not solution - because of old driver. :)

I have just tried version 181.20. It looks like it is solving my problem. I'm currently working an hour with it and have not noticed any bad side effects (It even wakes up from suspend to RAM). Now if only Dell would release this driver I could go back to a officially supported driver.

I had to use the DriversHeaven Mobility Modder nVidia Edition to get the driver installed on my system.

-Andi

I can't belive it!

I installed Dox 181.20 Vista 64 drivers and AERO scroll lag is gone!! Oh my god, finaly!

This day is milstone for me. Marking 2009/01/15 as day, when I solved aero problem.

Additionally I had to set PerfLevelSrc in the Registry to 3322 to get rid of some other Aero lagging when I moved stuff around on the desktop or when dragging files around the explorer. But that I had to do for the original driver too.

-Andi

• 4 weeks later...

I can also confirm that the 180.20 has finally fixed the problem. Shame it's taken over a year to get this update. The fact that all it took was a software update to fix really says something! I'm not going to be purchasing Nvidia again after this debacle!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest post111

Nah, that driver didn't fix it. Seems to be slightly better though because I think it tends to kick up the gpu clock more often but there is still lag even at the higher clocks. I recently purchased a laptop with a Geforce 9800m GTS and there's the same scroll lag on this system so it's not just tied to the 8400m, I know that for sure now. Waiting for a miracle driver release from Nvidia. But I'm not holding my breath :) .

• 2 weeks later...
I just went and bought a Mac. Problem solved. :)

This is not a fix, but a dirty, ugly workaround.

• 1 month later...

Problem back on Windows 7. Not that big as in Vista, but still here :) .