LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT problem

Rob_

Hello all,

Since a few weeks, I'm having serious issues with my laptop. I got a Zepto 6324W, containing a T7x00 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, a hitachi 100gb 7200rpm hdd and an nvidia geforce 8600m gt 512mb version.

The big problem is that I can't play games. Everything else goes fine; surfing the web, playing a movie ect ect. But as soon as I startup a game, a few seconds later the screen freezes with alot of artifacts, the sounds hangs and the whole system locks up. I tried all the drivers from zepto (ftp.zepto.dk) but they all give the same problem. Even tried XP and Vista, but no changes. The temps are good (cpu and gpu). I tried updating DX9 and DX10 but they were up-to-date. I can't solve the problem and it's really frustrating =/

If you need more info, just let me know.

Oh and I also never overclocked the card.

I have the same notebook and my games work well...

I use XP and 174.xx driver series.

I don't know what can be done about your problem,

anyway tell me if you want some information about

my system (drivers version, for example).

I have the same notebook and my games work well...

I use XP and 174.xx driver series.

I don't know what can be done about your problem,

anyway tell me if you want some information about

my system (drivers version, for example).

What driver are you using? I mean, zepto driver or a different one? Also, where did you download it then? Because I've tried Zepto drivers only, though I doubt it's got anything to do with the drivers.

Could be a faulty card? Is it still under warrenty? If so, ask them to send a replacement.

Could be a faulty card? Is it still under warrenty? If so, ask them to send a replacement.

Yeah if nobody has other suggestions I'll contact Zepto. Thanks for the tip ^^