LaptopVideo2Go Forums

XPS m1730 sli graphic cards

urgun

XPS m1730 ; vista 32; 2 x nVIDIA 8700M GT in SLI config

Whenever i install the latest driver form nVIDIA.com or from dell's website, my graphic cards doesnt work after the installation. The system doesnt recognize the graphic cards and the nVIDIA control panel disappers as well.

Same thing happens after installing the service pack 1 for vista.

I did system recovery and my graphic cards are working again.

My problem is how can i make it work after installing the service pack. and is it really normal when updating the drivers from nVIDIA and dell's site...it wont work?

please help.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very general question and it's unlikely we can help you based on the info provided. Vista is very complex, and when you add having just upgraded to SP1 - well, it could be a million things really.

My advice would be a ground up re-install (but make sure you've downloaded the appropriate drivers for your m1730 from Dell - they're all there) of Vista, then SP1, then your video drivers last.

• 2 months later...
Guest diamondblast
This is a very general question and it's unlikely we can help you based on the info provided. Vista is very complex, and when you add having just upgraded to SP1 - well, it could be a million things really.

My advice would be a ground up re-install (but make sure you've downloaded the appropriate drivers for your m1730 from Dell - they're all there) of Vista, then SP1, then your video drivers last.

Hi , I had a similar problem,and your general advice actually was very helpful :) thanks

for sharing!