LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v175.75 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA - OEM INFs

mobilenvidia

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I can see the OC options, but it resets back to default clocks if you try to set it higher. I've always done this no problem with previous drivers. I have a 7800 Go, so I need to OC to play.

has a fix been found for the HDMI audio out issue that seemed to start post 175.12? I tried these and still no audio on HDMI out.

Guest davesurfer

Had 169.17 and just upgraded to this latest beta for my laptop. When the driver installs, the screen resolution is killed back to 800x600 and in the options I can only raise it to 1024x768 instead of the usual 1440x900...also, a yellow conflict/problem pops up on the video card in the Device Manager.

When I roll back the driver to 169.17 everything works again.

I have a 6600 GO, thanks for any help.

Guest Guest

Went from 167.45 drivers to 175.75 to try them out. I like these drivers alot but.... my GPU temp runs about 82C under load on old driver and with this driver it runs 92C. 10C increase. Is this because they are intended for desktops?

Dell E1705

T7200 2.0ghz

4gb ram

256mb 7900gs go

Guest Manuel

Hi,

got a toshiba x200-21u. 8700m gt with 512mb. this driver causes random (sometimes while gaming, watching video or just surfing the net) system crashes (blue screen "your system gets shut down to prevent damage blabla" plus restart), rly no fun :)

Hi there! I just installed 175.75 on my Toshiba P100 / GeForce Go 7900 GS / Windows Vista Ultimate. Everything seems ok, except for sleep mode. When I wake up my ntbk from sleep, my display is still sleeping. Any idea how to wake-up my lazy sleeping display? It seems there is some proprietary Toshiba sollution for wake-up functionality... thanx for help in advance!

So I am testing it on Compal FL90Ex (GF 8600M GT 512MB DDR2) with universal inf and with nvct.inf and there are few important problems:

- As usual no OC on battery

- Very unstable, after about 0,5 hour of playing (no oc and oc) (even simple graphic games, like Counter-Strike, but also for ex. NFS C) it gives me nice flashing screen (faster and faster) and finally TDR :/ But other times you can play for even 5-8h without crash

- Quite good OC

- And something strange... turning on flash light or noctovision (am i writing it correctly?) in Counter-Strike gives me nice laggy 20-30 FPS instead of 60 FPS (V-Sync) really strange :)

I would not recommand this driver, it gets way too hot in my laptop (8600M GT)

Idle temperature is 74C, under full load it's about 95C.

Previous temps with different drivers were like 63C/87C

has a fix been found for the HDMI audio out issue that seemed to start post 175.12? I tried these and still no audio on HDMI out.

There's no solve for this?

thank you

Driver seems fairly stable enough for usage. Nothing new performance-wise and compatibility is unknown but a good set none-the-less.

HDMI audio is still fairly new for Nvidia AFAIK. You may wish to install the HDMI audio separately from the main components. Also, when using HDMI audio output try selecting the HDMI out as the main audio output device in the Multimedia controls. Make sure to also set your speakers up correctly as well.

Trying this evening, thank you for reply...

Everywhere I'm most interested in graphics features, losting HD sound is a minor trouble...but if it's possible I'd preffer to enable it :)

I'm just installed sound separately...

P.S. This driver made my 8600M GT 512 DDR2 very unestable...default temp. 74ºC...

gpu-z.jpg3dmarks06.jpg

(you can see OC profile)

edit

changed 3dmarks image, from 1280x800 test (3939 score) to 1024x768 profile test(4923 socre).

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

• 3 weeks later...