LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer.. socket/port on motherboard

Guest Aaron

Guest Aaron

hey everyone.. i have an acer aspire 5100 and i noticed a little socket on the board.. it is about an inch and half wide 2 sides on the connector.. like pci.. big slot and small slot.. but all one slot.. ok.... anyway.. its about 8 leads on the short slot and about 20 on the long slot part.. and it looks like something about the size of 2 and a half inches long.. (maybe a bit more) out from the slot.. and about 1 1/2 wide.. could this be mxm?

hey everyone.. i have an acer aspire 5100 and i noticed a little socket on the board.. it is about an inch and half wide 2 sides on the connector.. like pci.. big slot and small slot.. but all one slot.. ok.... anyway.. its about 8 leads on the short slot and about 20 on the long slot part.. and it looks like something about the size of 2 and a half inches long.. (maybe a bit more) out from the slot.. and about 1 1/2 wide.. could this be mxm?

6o3doz.jpg

this is what it looks like... if not mxm.. anyone know what?..

-aaron

nevermind.. i guess its a mini pci express.. dont suppose they make graphics cards for those slots eh?..

-Aaron

nevermind.. i guess its a mini pci express.. dont suppose they make graphics cards for those slots eh?..

-Aaron

nope.. apperently only communications cards.. ohwell.. maybe i'll trade for a desktop..