LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FFXI Lag

an4rki

Hey guys,

I'm new so I will apologise in advance if I irritate anyone for any reason.... I have searched the forums

for answers but i just can't seem to find one. I'm trying to play final fantasy xi on my new laptop howerver,

I am getting some serious performance issues. I've tried changing all the graphics setting possible but

I keep getting frame rate drops and in particular, moments where the game seems to get stuck for a second and then

speeds up. I am on an acer aspire 5920g laptop, 2.0ghz, 2gb Ram and an nvidia geforce 8600m GS card.

I would have thought these specs would be able to handle the game... Is anybody else

having similar problems and more importantly does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Could depend on the game. i use to get the same issue on a different game.. but this helped. (Didnt fix, but stopped 90%)

Using vista 32? run a command prompt in admin mode and type:

BCDEDIT /set IncreaseUserVa 2800

{the default is 2048, you can change it back if u want}

also in nvidia control pannel try and change it from high quality to quality or even performance.

also, try overclocking. will increase framerate.

Edited by wook

Hey thanks for the reply, I appreciate you trying to help. I tried both of the things you suggested

however it did not seem to help :) As for overclocking.... i wouldn't know where to begin.

DOes anyone one else have any ideas please?

Hey thanks for the reply, I appreciate you trying to help. I tried both of the things you suggested

however it did not seem to help :) As for overclocking.... i wouldn't know where to begin.

DOes anyone one else have any ideas please?

probably the first thing i should have suggested.. have you tried other drivers?

Try this version. downloading the driver, and modified inf file. extract driver, then replace the inf file with the modified one you downloaded. run setup, then restart computer.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18049