LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Anyone experiencing x205 x200 freezing with LV2Go drivers in SLI? Or does your x205 run beautifully

Guest Chris

Guest Chris

Ive recently got a x205 SLI (its a x200 where i live) The problem im having seems to be apparent when i have sli enabled. While using my pc the system will completely lock up mouse/ screen freezes in its tracks and i have to power down. It happens in both games and the windows desktop environment im using vista and have tried a range of drivers from 175.75 to 174.90 .

Has anyone else with a toshiba x series with sli been able to run these custom drivers flawlessly??? or have you experienced system lock ups like this? I returned it to the manufacturer who ran a crysis stress test and they tell me it passed and that the crash could be related to another device i plug in.... the only thing i could think of would be a "whoosh" wireless broadband modem.

did you ask toshiba if they tested running SLi? or did they just test one card running the stress test?

cause if its crashing when ever you activate SLi then it must be a fault. especially if you have tried many drivers.

u said it could be woosh. does this mean it only crashes when online?

Guest Chris

well it was the store that i bought it from that did the testing. and to the best of my knowledge sli was enabled. now i really do question the extent that they went to to actually test it. its a usless computer chain and the techs there didnt seem to actually probe all options... something im going to have to do myself when i get the pc back from them....

i will find out if it only happens when im online ... which may be the case....

i guess what im really wanting to know is i read some horror stories on this sli page about how sli wont work for various reasons etc and how u need a nforce chipset etc etc.... and it would put my mind at ease if some one could say that using these laptop2go drivers in theory should work perfectly fine on my system. I have this doubt in my mind that if i went back to the "toshiba" drivers everything would be ok ??? but then i cant run the latest games in SLI as i don't have the profiles right..?