LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT GDDR3

Cain

Asus G1S - X3(A3)

I get amazing performance but I have the shared cooling supply with the CPU. When the GPU hits a temperature of 99 C or higher, I lose 50% performance.

To maintain a temp of 85-90 I have to UNDERCLOCK nearly 100 MHz and the performance is still better than the GPU OC for 5 minutes hitting 107 C.

SOMEONE HELP ME TELL ME WHATS GOING ON.

clean out ur air vents from dust etc,

also make sure they are not blocked when i use.

Yeah keep it ventilated. Put something under the laptop so it?s got good clearance. If you are already doing this then I?d seek a replacement unit.

Yeah keep it ventilated. Put something under the laptop so it?s got good clearance. If you are already doing this then I?d seek a replacement unit.

I do keep it ventilated its just so bizzare. I might contact asus for a replacement, it is still under warranty. I invested in a chill mat, so far it doesn't go much higher than 85 C at default clocks but the performance is still in the 70 - 80% of what it could be. The FPS is much higher when I first turn on the laptop after being off all day in a cool room. After about 15 minutes, the performance still drops.

I have a feeling that the 8600M GT really should have its own cooling supply.

some laptops like mine has vents underneath a laptop (silly i know)

putting a chill matt well block those vents.

make sure there are no vents underneath ur laptop that the chill vent blocks cuz ur making it into an oven and downclocks itself to avoid damage.

get somethine like a zalmanzm nc 1000 where it actually blows cool air into the underside vents.