LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware M5500 ATI x700 upgrade

TC Ozman

Hi all,

I apologize if I am offtopic, but can someone tell me an european site where I can buy an Alienware Area-51 m5500i-R3 cooling system? as mine does not seem to function anymore...

Thank you,

Dan

Hey dan, pretty much all you need to do is google it and there should be a ton of sites that have them. They are prtty standard cooling fans and you can get them for really cheap.

• 1 month later...
Hey dan, pretty much all you need to do is google it and there should be a ton of sites that have them. They are prtty standard cooling fans and you can get them for really cheap.

Thanx, I did that. Unfortunately, all the sites which sell it don't have it in stock. Also, Alienware does not make those coolers anymore. Anyone knows where I can sell my laptop for parts?

OK guys, i just bought a Nvidia 8600m GS on ebay, heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/MXM-Video-Adapter-nVID...Q2em118Q2el1247 If all goes well ill be running my Alienware m5500 with that installed. My last question is, do i have to flash the bios now since the Nvidia BIOS is already installed? Im assuming not but someone let me know if im wrong.

I just bought a card from the same place for my m5550. Did you have any problems with the seller or the install?