LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v175.80 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA - OEM INFs

mobilenvidia

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Anybody got any idea as to WHY I CANNOT CREATE A CUSTOM RESOLUTION WITH THIS DRIVER? Neither with the 175.75 ...

If I tick the "allow modes not displayed by windows" it automatically unticks itself..

WTF?

Using a sager 5791,7950gtx, vista 32bit.

anyone????

Guest PresenceOfMind

Hey guys,

Just keep in mind that faster doesn't mean better. They disabled graphic features on those drivers to make it run faster but in the end you get very bad graphics.

Run Crysis on driver 174. Shadows go really bad on this one.

Any ideia when NVIDIA will release an official mobile driver update?

Thanks.

----------------------------

hey,

In my arima's laptop with go 7900gs powermizer dnt work while using this driver. Duno why... im using arima's .inf (nvar.inf), the inf that my old and official driver (84.15) have...

Is curious becouse with 167.58 with nvam.inf, not arima's .inf I think, powermizer work... The diference between 167.58 and 175.80 is the .inf, and the difference between 175.80 and 84.15 is the control panel, new and old... hmm

I think the possible solution is make work the new driver with old control panel.. hmm :) duno.. hehe

greetins :)

EDIT: when I install this driver with LaptopVideo2Go modded .inf powermizer seems to work, and not only this, now I have smmart dimmer option in control panel... Hmm duno if my geforce go 7900gs have to have smart dimmer, dnt have to have.. no? And one more thing, with driver installed with modded inf temperature was 3ºC higher than befor (when have the driver installed with arima's inf) , at start.

Conclusion of why not work powermizer: is for the .inf

Edited by golhmak

it didn't work for me, gave me "this device cannot start." message at the device manager :)

Guest Vampy

These drivers have been absolutely fantastic for me; they are very stable and allow for very good framerates on my Vostro 1500 8600GT. I've had to disable a token in the INF to get monitor rotation working properly for my external monitor, and naturally had to disable powermizer, but it's holding all my settings properly including a digital vibrance fix so everything stops looking like s***.

Very pleased with 175.80, highly recommended.

Guest V I R U S

Are the custom Game Profiles not working in this version?!

If i set the Global Config, it works, but if i set it for some custom game, so that it will override the global config, it doesn't accept the settings.

Can someone please test it?!

• 2 weeks later...

Dell XPS 1730

8800 GTX w/SLI

These drivers work very well. I was using drivers from the Dell site and getting random crashes at boot. That's all gone now. :) They seem fast and smooth in Unreal as well...

Guest Lemiox

I have a Dell 1730 8800M GTX w/SLI 1g cards. Has anyone else had a problem with SLI Performance mode set to AFR2? Everytime i tye to set this it does not seem to stick and reverts back to Single-GPU. Is there anyway to stop this or is it a driver issue?

This driver is great, except I get flickering black textures on BF2.

So, I tried the 175.95 and that fixes it, and the driver seems to be as quick as this one too.

I also tried CS:S, TF2, C&C 3 Kanes Wrath and NFS Most Wanted on this and the 175.95 and performance appeared the same ie. very good.

I'm on the 175.95 atm because of the black texture flicker problem with the '80s :)

I voted "Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs." with BF2 being the bug.

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble installing this driver. After I install this driver, my computer looks like everything is OLD as in the graphics are all old and the GUI is messed up. I'm on windows xp SP1. any idea's? My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600.

• 1 month later...

hello, im nubie in here... :)

I have installed this recommended driver for my GF 8600M GS...but instead of increasing performance, I had a slower FPS when I played :) May Cry 4 and Virtua Tennis 3.. :P not just slow, buat very lagging...

so I must rollback to my previous old driver...but thats much better for me...

Any suggestion?

Im using BenQ S41 with T7250 and 2 Gb RAM..

Thank you so much... :P

I'm having trouble installing this driver. After I install this driver, my computer looks like everything is OLD as in the graphics are all old and the GUI is messed up. I'm on windows xp SP1. any idea's? My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600.

hey... I just have that problems...I just rollback drivers in the properties.... and its back to normal... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using this driver for a month on XP Pro SP 3. Now out of the blue Windows says the driver is made for an older version of Windows. Res goes to 640x480 and color goes to 4 bit. So I rolled back the driver for 9700m GT. Now its back but in the control panel it says that it is still running 640x480 and 4 bit color.

Was there a Windows update that screwed the driver? I mean it literally was working one second and then my laptop went to standby. Turned it back on and it was where it is now. I can use the basic VGA driver or just use Vista. However since I do programming I can't use 64bit Vista and the VGA driver is extremely slow and I can see the screen refresh from time to time. Any ideas?

it may pay to upgrade to a newer driver anyway. This driver was real good a while ago, but there are better out there now.

178.23 is my recomendation.

or 179.14 (REAL GOOD PERFORMANCE ALTHOUGH STAYS IN PERFORMANCE MODE)