LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Age of Conan problem !

Akhalani

Hi all. I'm actually playing AoC but i'm having really weird video problems. The game Runs smooth on my config :

Xps m1710 - Geforce go 7950 gtx - core duo t2500 2ghz - 2 gig of ram.

Im using the last official dell drivers 174.31 under win xp.

My is problem is that even if the game runs smooth i very often get some kind of video lag...for example i am walking around and i meet another player and my fps will fall down for like 2/3 seconds and then will come back, while this is happening there is no hard drive access ! Sometimes i move to a very simple place and i get the same video lag and when i stop and then look around everything is back to normal !

It is very boring as it only happens with AoC and none other game... If someone could help ! thank you all.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Killaak
Hi all. I'm actually playing AoC but i'm having really weird video problems. The game Runs smooth on my config :

Xps m1710 - Geforce go 7950 gtx - core duo t2500 2ghz - 2 gig of ram.

Im using the last official dell drivers 174.31 under win xp.

My is problem is that even if the game runs smooth i very often get some kind of video lag...for example i am walking around and i meet another player and my fps will fall down for like 2/3 seconds and then will come back, while this is happening there is no hard drive access ! Sometimes i move to a very simple place and i get the same video lag and when i stop and then look around everything is back to normal !

It is very boring as it only happens with AoC and none other game... If someone could help ! thank you all.

I have the same rig but with 4g ram and Vista and I have the same problem. I have dinked with all the settings and cant seem to fix it. I think we are SOL!

• 4 weeks later...

I had several issues like that with other games. BioShock, Need For Speed, Crysis, World of Warcraft and maybe others.

I simply opened my laptop and cleaned the VERY dirty air exit near the fans and it all started to work normally. I think your problem could be the same. High temperature.

I was trying Mass Effect and my computer was crashing at 103ºC (ouch) until I decided to open and clean it. Now it plays flawlessly at 86ºC max and other games don't freeze those 2-3 seconds anymore (sometimes up to 6 or 7 seconds).

I have a XPS M1710 with GeForce 7950GTX 512MB and 2GB RAM.

If its not that, then I dont know. Take care guys.

John

I have the same rig but with 4g ram and Vista and I have the same problem. I have dinked with all the settings and cant seem to fix it. I think we are SOL!