LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer 5920G - experiment

Guest Marino

Guest Marino

Well...In the past lot of us had problems with acer5920g because of overheating, and the gpu switched to low consumption mode to avoid damages (average temps in this period, during gaming, can even get 75+ C°

I did an experiment...just removed the backpanel of the 5920G (8600mGT), because I realized the problem is not in a bad design of the cooling system, but in a stupid design of the plastic backpanel, which has very small in-take holes on the side, and stop.

Well, after intensive gaming, the temperature has dropped from 75+ C° to 62°C ... lol

I am going to buy a spare backplate and cut all the plastic possible to have a free air intakes, and covering everything with an elegant black grille.

Try to remove the backplate and test it by yourself, all the overheating problems will disappear...lol...

Guest Straw
Well...In the past lot of us had problems with acer5920g because of overheating, and the gpu switched to low consumption mode to avoid damages (average temps in this period, during gaming, can even get 75+ C°

I did an experiment...just removed the backpanel of the 5920G (8600mGT), because I realized the problem is not in a bad design of the cooling system, but in a stupid design of the plastic backpanel, which has very small in-take holes on the side, and stop.

Well, after intensive gaming, the temperature has dropped from 75+ C° to 62°C ... lol

I am going to buy a spare backplate and cut all the plastic possible to have a free air intakes, and covering everything with an elegant black grille.

Try to remove the backplate and test it by yourself, all the overheating problems will disappear...lol...

75°C lol I have @ least 90~95°C

seems strange that your gp would downclock so early, and reach throttle point.

the throttle point for my card is over 100 deg c

Guest Marino
seems strange that your gp would downclock so early, and reach throttle point.

the throttle point for my card is over 100 deg c

Defective card?

Strange to me too, except this thing, computer works

perfect in every application I run (2d/3d)

Guest Marino
Defective card?

Strange to me too, except this thing, computer works

perfect in every application I run (2d/3d)

Forgot to add that this things happens to me with every driver > 171.37 and LineageII game.

• 4 weeks later...
hi guys,

sorry for the dumb question..but how do you monitor temperature of your gpu?

HWmonitor from www.cpuid.com or GPU-Z which you will find in the news section in this forum.

Hardware modding. I love it!