• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• sn0wl

• Fabrice Roux

• 1 month later...

I to would also like to give my thanks. With your drivers I have been able to keep my laptop, because other wise I would not be able to game, which of course is the most impotant reason. So hats off to you guys!

Thanks,

tmnt

Cheers guys,

Its good to get the positive feedback.

It keeps us going.

We were in the same boat not all that long ago our selves.

Pieter.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thank you ery much for the modified inf files.

I have been struggling to get the nvidia drivers to work on my laptop without success. Stuck with the old dell drivers.

Last night I successfully downloaded and installed 61.11 nvidia driver with the 20.35 modified inf file.

Dell Inspiron 8100

Quadro FX Go700

Win 2K

1.13Ghz CPU

15" 1600 * 1200

Thx again.

It's always nice to hear a THANKYOU.

We appreciate that and it give us more motivation.

Hi there,

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who is involved in this website. I have spent the last two days trying to find drivers for my laptop with a nVidia GeForce FX Go 5300 GFX card. I must have downloaded pretty much every driver from the nVidia site but none worked!!!

I stumbled across this site and 5 minutes later my laptop is running perfectly. :) :P :)

Keep up the good work and thanks again?

Jon

That's why we're here! Glad it's working for you! :)

Jon,

Welcome to the site and glad we satisfied your needs! :)

5 minutes?! That's not fast enough! :) We want silent, <30second installs, come on NVIDIA. hah.

Positive feedback is always welcome. Glad you're happy and hope you'll put the updated drivers to good use :) By using and abusing and reporting the good and bad!

You are very welcome :)

[Edit]Funny how I don't see my name say Moderator anymore, I've been forgetting to mention that :) Oh Teraphy!![/EDIT]

If this is the thank you thread, i would like to put in my two cents

THANK YOU (1 cent a word)

-D6

I assure you with the volume of tweaks, tips, and collection of driver versions (even multiple flavors of drivers for the same release -ala omega starstrome etc). that if you spend more then 5 minutes implementing tweeks, testing mod drivers, and even posting specific issues and trying the fast responses, your laptop WILL perform even better.

The only problem i have with this website, is that i have a life, and tweaking my video card seriously detracts from it. I recall when i first found this website, i had the same problem, and the same result. After 5 minutes, my computer worked twice as well as it did the the craptastic and archaic drivers dell had been putting out. It had also fixed the major issue with bf1942/DC that i had sought out to fix, in the first place. Being a gambler, i thought, i have to be able to squeek out more. Being a gamer, i could not pass up the oportunity (not even if i had tried with all my effort). 8 hours later, covered in sweat (###### these laptops get hot when you work em graphically), and head buzzing from watching benchmarking over and over and over, i had a laptop screaming along faster then I ever thought possible.

The moral of this story, Jon, is that in 5 minutes you have vastly improved your computer relative to the craptastic drivers we officially are supposed to use (particularly if you run a dell). Relative to what your system can perform at with the wealth of knowledge offered in this community, youve just scratched the surface. trust me.

:) eh !? , Wow. That's a nice summary, D6! :)

I agree, that is a well poised summary, D6 :)

Obviously Dell has no concern other than stability for their customers. If it is not broken they won't fix it. Not even the speed issues still seen in their INF files.

DeaconSix,

And we greatly appreciate it! (1 cent a word for 5 cents)

®®® and Teraphy has said it pretty well and D6's summary is really nice. :)

There seems to be alot of thanking going on, but it's all well received and makes the hours of poking around with drivers worth it.

Nonsen(t)se you say ? :)

Pieter

Since this is the "thank you" thread.

Thank you!

:) Yeah Thanks for all ur hardwork who knows what we would do with out u guys :P :)

:( chears to u guys :(

I can testify to the patience shown by Pieter, ®®® & LSudlow when I start asking my inane questions....THANKS for the guidance & support folks... :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Exavier Macbeth

I wish to bow to the gods in thanx

I just downloaded and installed the updated/modded drivers you guys had for my Toshiba Laptop and booted up one of my favorite games (C&C Generals)... I am glad to say its very nice to be able to MAX out all the games graphics settings and not have the game slow down at all... I use to run them at less then half the max just to keep the speed playable in large games...

My thanx to the modders :)

Exavier Macbeth

What have you done, I seem to be no longer able to leave my house.

My head is too big to fit through the door. :)

We were in the same predicament not that long ago, having no lives, we decided to do something about it.

Enjoy,

Pieter,

• 6 months later...

To the laptopvideo2go community,

Thanks to everyone who works to make this website available to regular folks like me. I came to this site hoping to extend the "shelf-life" of my Toshiba Satellite so I could run the new games like HL2 and it seems like I have definately found the right place. Also, a special thanks to "rrr" for taking the time to answer a number of (not-so-advanced) questions and help me correctly install v6703. I am greatful that he took the time to walk me through a process that he has obviously dealt with many times before. It is a real pleasure to be on the receiving end of true customer service rather than having someone simply read a script to you. All of the people involved with this website are determined and committed to advancing and supporting the graphics needs of Laptop users and I am pleased to have beneifted from everyone's hard work. As a token of my appreciation, I will be making another small dontation to your organization. Thank you very much. :)