LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer 5920g geforce 8600m GS

Guest Siimot

Guest Siimot

Hello i have the acer 5920g laptop with geforce 8600m GS 256mb

I have clocked the card using ntune, when i push the speed to around 590 on the core my graphics can mess up adding big spikes to images etc, the memory speed was at also about 550.

I have seen posts on here of people running much higher speeds, how is this possible is there other easy over clocking programs i can use ?

My 3dmark 03 score was 9823 is this anygood can i expect much more from this card, but the graphics mess up so much you cant really use it at that speed.

Any help would be great thanks

Simon

I have seen posts on here of people running much higher speeds, how is this possible is there other easy over clocking programs i can use ?

That's individual variation, having experienced it, too :)

yeah.. every card is different,, and every system too. what you score is what YOU score.

similarly if you have DDR2 ram then its no as good as DDR3. so thats another reason they can OC more than you,

Guest Siimot

Thanks for the replys, it seems more stable uping the core and not the memory speed.

Whats the newest driver i can clock with does anyone know, any apart from 169.04 just dont seem to clock at all :)