LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Age of Conan -- Please help i am going nuts!

nacary

Hey there!! I am using 175.16 drivers and playing age of Conan relatively smooth with my 8600m GT..But there is this problem that happens randomly..a freeze during the game..and a ^crash sound^..then everything comes back but my 10 FPS missing :) ..my gpu temperatures are 66-72 generally and i am planning to reinstall the game..anyone might know waht the source of the problem is?

a crash sound? like breaking glass sound? and then you have a sudden drop in framerate?

Are you overclocking? Cause a sudden drop in frame rate is the driver not responding. Usual cause is overclocked too much.

... or if not overclocked, then temp. running too hot. Changing the driver will fix the heat..

Solution: Run drivercleaner ('driversweeper' is free) uninstalling everything then install a driver (maybe the one you currently use)

also.. under display settings remember to turn off shader 3 as your card doesnt support it. maybe even 2.0 as well

Edited by wook

Crash sound like 'DrRrRrRr' freeze and then my 15 FPS gone :) i am gonna reinstall the game..the latest solution i could find..my video card could not be dead right? :)

its so strange it could do it during the first 5 minutes of game time or like after 1.5 hours..really frustrating

Is it a audio sound like coming from the game or is it a sound your computer is physically makeing. If it is a physical sound your making you have a few options it can be but hope your under warrenty for that if not i can let you know how to diag. the problem. If it is coming fromt he game and doing that then software problem and can help your diag some of that aswell just let me know which sorce it is coming from and i will try to give some suggestions.

Guest Jhaden
Is it a audio sound like coming from the game or is it a sound your computer is physically makeing. If it is a physical sound your making you have a few options it can be but hope your under warrenty for that if not i can let you know how to diag. the problem. If it is coming fromt he game and doing that then software problem and can help your diag some of that aswell just let me know which sorce it is coming from and i will try to give some suggestions.

I had exactly the same problem, I tried driver 174.74, 175.16 and 175.80. After about ~1h playing the screen freezes for 1-2 sec and then you get around 10 FPS.

As i've read the forums i thought its a problem with powermizer, reducing the clock speed of the GPU, because after reboot everything is fine. In the boards i found that you can disable powermizer by going into the modded nv_disp.inf and turn powermizerenable from 1 to 0. After reinstall of the driver, i used 174.74, powermizer should be disabled. Then played yesterday 3 hours without any problem.

Seems this is the solution, but i'm not 100% sure, have to test it longer today.

Apak it is not coming from the laptop..its coming from the speakers and i think its game generated..Jhaden i will try to apply your solution and if it helps cheers to u :=)

Just look at this post: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18947

I do have the same problem. And disabling Powermizer didn't help for me. :-/

yeah i tried the powermizer option today..even installed this new 177.xx driverstosay but still getting this wierd downclocking..and since this happens after 167.62 drivers there should be something we miss..

anybody pro enough to solve this issue? :)

Guest Guest

Go Video Options >>> Advanced >>> Under sub title textures it says "Texture chache memory" or something Put this to the highest megabyte you can and you will nolonger have a problem.

ty come again :)

Guest Helpful_Harry

Dell Vostro 1500 (laptop)

T7500 2.2 GHz

2GB ram

Geforce 8600m GT

i went to nvidia site and downloaded driver 169.21 Extracted the files the clicked to do the setup and it failed (which is ok) then went to device manager and display adapters and found my Geforce 8600m GT and right clicked and picked Update Drivers ... Pick No, not this time - Next ... Install from a list or specific location (advanced) - Next.... Don't search, I will choose the driver to install - Next... click Have Disk ... Browse to where you extracted the 169.21 drivers... pick the nv4_disp.inf and click open...then click OK ...i then searched for the first NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (it will not have an "m" after 8600, thats ok) it will then pop up a message saying it isn't recommended to install this driver blah blah blah Click YES and let it finish, your screen will look large but do a reboot and you should be good to go.

for Age of Conan i was getting about 17 fps now i get about 30 - 40 fps avg i play on low settings and disable a few option and it still looks good (well enough for me) i did notice that every once in a great great while it will pause for a second or 2 but very very rarley. fixed my problem and i am very happy.

Hope this helps

Guest Jhaden

There is a Dell Driver for the 8600M GT, 174.31. With this driver, the problem should be solved. Tried it for me yesterday, i have a XPS M1530, Performance is good, no downclocking anymore.

See dell support website for driver.

There is a Dell Driver for the 8600M GT, 174.31. With this driver, the problem should be solved. Tried it for me yesterday, i have a XPS M1530, Performance is good, no downclocking anymore.

See dell support website for driver.

this driver worked like a charm for this downclocking..it seems to be stable for now..well performance is OK but all know that AOC fps is not stable still so thnx a lot

This is a common problem in AoC where the game will randomly switch your settings from shader model 2.0 to 3.0. After this happens go into video settings and put shader model back to 2.0

yes, this problem is retarded

Guest slicken

Hi, I have the same problem as you have with my Laptop. I have tryed many drivers but after a while of gaming Conan I get this freezz (drrrrrrrr) for about one second and then the game gets slow and I only have about 10 FPS.

I also downloaded this driver that seems to solve this problem from the Dells Support page, but I dont have a Dell laptop so the Installer wont install because it cant find compatible.....

I really wound be verry thankful if someone could help me to solve this problem. I have trying everything and I wont work.. :'(

My computer is a ASUS G1s, Geforce 8600m GT

Hi, I have the same problem as you have with my Laptop. I have tryed many drivers but after a while of gaming Conan I get this freezz (drrrrrrrr) for about one second and then the game gets slow and I only have about 10 FPS.

I also downloaded this driver that seems to solve this problem from the Dells Support page, but I dont have a Dell laptop so the Installer wont install because it cant find compatible.....

I really wound be verry thankful if someone could help me to solve this problem. I have trying everything and I wont work.. :'(

My computer is a ASUS G1s, Geforce 8600m GT

Exactly the same Drrr sound for me it was...175.74 drivers are stable i heard but still cant confirm it..

Guest Tyler

Dell Inspiron 1520

T7500 @2.2GHz

2Gig RAM

8600M GT

Using driver version 174.74 getting same issue. Sometimes i can play for 2+ hours and nothing, sometimes i cant even get 5 minutes out of it and i get Drrrrr sound, lockup for 1-2 seconds and game gets choppy. Usually run max resolution 1680x1050 med-high settings avg 25-38 fps. Today i had this problem several times in a row and now my game wont even start. After the launcher does its scan i click play and i get a message about upgrading to vista sp1 32-bit. I try this and update fails. if i click no to continue running AoC the whole system locks up and never even loads the game. It takes qutie a few minutes to open task manager and exit age of conan. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Guest slicken

Finally got it fixed!

Been testing alot of drivers and 174.31 driver from this site was the most stable one. I also disabled Powermizer in regedit and I havent got any downlocking anymore!