LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.26 Windows Vista 32bit | ASUS

mobilenvidia

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

NVIDIA driver v177.26 for Windows Vista 32bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 177.26
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
  • Driver Date: 2008-05-22 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 33.82MB (MD5: 8fe1de235fbfb0071c34c6800b53a618)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: True
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Information Files (1 files supporting 2 models)

* nv_disp.inf supports 2 models:

[DEV_05E1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

[DEV_05E2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Edited by mobilenvidia

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wook

• Andrew55

• ByronGman

• Eden

INF has been uploaded now, will test now and post results

All tests based on 8600GT GPU-475MHz MEM-702MHz

Version -177.26

3Dmark'06 - 4639

SM2.0 - 1918

SM3.0 - 1780

CPU - 1893

Version - 174.74

3Dmark'06 - 4530

SM2.0 - 1858

SM3.0 - 1738

CPU - 1894

Seems to have better 2.0 shading, slightly better at 3.0...

But... during all three tests the frame rate dropped to 6-8 FPS for a few seconds during canyon flight. (Have had this with other drivrs also) Where as i have never had this issue with 174.74.

Have not tested with games. But a higher score will def. warrent some more testing!

Edit:

Ok tested with some games and runs very well. Overclocked it to C-576 M-850 and got:

-Peak Temp. 85 0c

-Score of 5298 3dmark'06

Not as hight as 174.74 clocked to same speeds and 2 0c hotter

Factory clock settings run faster than it says. But when overclocking, this driver does not get perform as well as others...

Decision - If you are not going to overclock, then this driver is great. If you are, it wont perform as well as you hope

Hope that helps your choices.

Still testing...

Edit:

Ok.. not good for COH (companyof heroes) after 20 mins, frame rates suddenly drop. Actually 174.74 does the same thing.

Driver still responsive, so its not an overclock issue.

Seems to be an issue with opposing fronts

Edited by wook

This one works fine on my go 7700.

Powermizer and temps OK with peter's inf.

Good job!

:)

Edited by AlexasusG1

ASUS Splendid utility cannot work with this driver. (Same as 175.12, It will reset when re-open the NB cover)

The others were fine. Temp: 63~66 Degree C in office softwares.

Not very good drivers for me. WEI Aero score dropped from 4.7 to 4.6 and also 3dmark06 score dropped about 100 points.

Edited by Quubik

Another driver that downclocks for me. I'm beginning to wonder if it is related to Windows, but can't be arsed to reinstall everything. Very good performance before downclocking though.

Guest murattiss
ASUS Splendid utility cannot work with this driver. (Same as 175.12, It will reset when re-open the NB cover)

The others were fine. Temp: 63~66 Degree C in office softwares.

With my ASUS F3SC 8400M G Splendid utility works without problems :)

Uuu, 177 Series.

Will ty them on my desktop and decide then if they go to my notebook.

Guest 9600xt

i got 4904 points in 3dmark06 with asus g1s t7700 and 8600mGT ddr3 575mhz core 825mhz mem.... quiet 100 points more that 175.80, these seems to be very good driver!!!!!!!

Hi guys, I have two quick questions.

1. Is Powermizer supposed to be included in these drivers? I haven't seen this option in the nvidia control panel when using the 169 or 175 series.

2. What app do you use to overclock? Rivatuner only sometimes lets me overclock, that is, it never let me do it with Rivatuner using 175, but does with 169.

THANKS

This is the best driver for me so far. It solved my nvlddmkm.sys issue and it also solved the artifacts that appeared on my desktop wallpaper and on some images (small red dots).

Thanks for making this driver available!

The only problem I've noticed with it is that it doesn't lower my card frequencies to 'standard 2d', it only switches between 'low power 3d' and 'performance 3d'. Come to think of it, maybe all my problems were because of that profile :)

Anyway, does anybody know how to check for the powermizer settings (or maybe enable it if it's not already enabled)?

3DMark06:

177.26 - 5.127

175.75 - 5.150

175.16 - 5.137

175.12 - 5.161

174.93 - 5.151

174.82 - 5.153

174.74 - 5.169

174.70 - 5.110

This is the best driver for me so far. It solved my nvlddmkm.sys issue and it also solved the artifacts that appeared on my desktop wallpaper and on some images (small red dots).

Thanks for making this driver available!

The only problem I've noticed with it is that it doesn't lower my card frequencies to 'standard 2d', it only switches between 'low power 3d' and 'performance 3d'. Come to think of it, maybe all my problems were because of that profile :)

Anyway, does anybody know how to check for the powermizer settings (or maybe enable it if it's not already enabled)?

Powermizer is enabled. It downclocks my card whenever im back at the desktop.

Guest doubleblack

Not sure if clock frequencies are working or not, but the SmartDimmer hasn't been working properly for MONTHS.

I had to take the modded INF, and the modded INF had this a couple of times I had to fix:

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_DWORD%, 0

Fixed to:

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_DWORD%, 3

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_DWORD%, 1

and now I have settings and stuff in my Power Options, but after it dims when I come back and move the mouse around and stuff - still stays dimmed :(F3DC68

rivatuner

I have disabled powermizer. Dont like AI doing things for me tooooo much. Plus when plug gets removed, it automatically goes into 2d mode.

With my ASUS F3SC 8400M G Splendid utility works without problems :)

My problem was the Splendid utility would be set to "Normal" color

when I closed the NB cover then open again. (or awaked from sleep mode)

Could you try this?

It worked correctly on 167.58 and 174.31

But 177.26 can cooldown GPU about 3 degree. I like this version!

Thanks Wook!! I have a regular 7800 GO that has to be OCed to do anything. I usually can bump it to 350/930. I will attempt to do so with these new drivers and I'll post the results. Anyone else messing around with this vid card, too?

Well, I'm back to report that with my 7800 GO in my Inspiron 9400, I uninstalled my previous drivers that would let me overclock (163.44 from tweaksrus.com). Then I used Driver Sweeper 1.5 and installed these new ones...but now once again neitherRivatuner or Ntune lets me OC, even after re-installing them too! I can move the clock sliders, but they always reset to default when I click 'OK'. What a headache! Does anyone know if there's some special option in Rivatuner you need to change to overclock?

Thanks!

Well, I'm back to report that with my 7800 GO in my Inspiron 9400, I uninstalled my previous drivers that would let me overclock (163.44 from tweaksrus.com). Then I used Driver Sweeper 1.5 and installed these new ones...but now once again neitherRivatuner or Ntune lets me OC, even after re-installing them too! I can move the clock sliders, but they always reset to default when I click 'OK'. What a headache! Does anyone know if there's some special option in Rivatuner you need to change to overclock?

Thanks!

Did you go into safe mode and run driver sweep? Otherwise there will still be some driver fragments residing in the system.

1) Make sure the power is plugged in. (I have done this on many occasions, made me angry then... oh power plug...idiot!!)

2) Remap rivatune.

Edited by wook

Guest Guest
I can move the clock sliders, but they always reset to default when I click 'OK'. What a headache! Does anyone know if there's some special option in Rivatuner you need to change to overclock?

Thanks!

I've noticed the same behaviour when I try to overclock and the laptop is on battery. When plugged in, it's working ok.