LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.26 Windows Vista 32bit | ASUS

mobilenvidia

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

This is a very good driver for my nvidia 8600m gt it work great in AoC it is a stable driver :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wook

• Andrew55

• ByronGman

• LiquidMorph

In my experience, these drivers have been a clear step-up.

FPS average has gone up by 3 in shader-intensive games like Jericho. Temps are about the same. The results are equally effective when I overclock, so the driver has yet to disappoint both in terms of stock and overclock speeds.

I've got a problem with these playing Trackmania United. The new drivers cause different BlueScreens when trying to start a race.

Other games are okay and faster then bevore.

I'll keep them...

Thanks for the input, guys. Last time I didn't use Driversweeper in safe mode, just in normal mode. So I uninstalled Riva, uninstalled this 177 driver, rebooted into safe mode, used Driversweeper, and rebooted. Same problem as before though! I wonder if its just my card? And yes my lappy is always plugged in....so I am now going to have uninstall again and reinstall my old 163 driver.

Crap. No picture to my external monitor, no CP. Overclocks, decent benchmark figures, doesn't work with 3DMark Vantage. Fastest so far on 3DMark06.

Thanks for the input, guys. Last time I didn't use Driversweeper in safe mode, just in normal mode. So I uninstalled Riva, uninstalled this 177 driver, rebooted into safe mode, used Driversweeper, and rebooted. Same problem as before though! I wonder if its just my card? And yes my lappy is always plugged in....so I am now going to have uninstall again and reinstall my old 163 driver.

sorry nothing worked Leo. I have had this a few times, and have had to do a fresh install of vista. Then it worked again. So it seemed to point in the direction of drivers conflicting.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with an 8600M GT. How do I disable powermizer? I am trying to play AOC and my FPS is great some times I play (30-50 fps) and other I can't get more than 10 fps so I am trying to find the problem.

Thanx

After installing these drivers all my games just started dropping to 1/4 FPS after random time playing. This happened on a friend's laptop at the same time. (same driver, but xp 32bit instead).

I've reverted to my good old 174.74, but the problem persists. It's really annoying because I can't play Grid or Vegas 2 for 5 minutes straight :) :)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance..

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with an 8600M GT. How do I disable powermizer? I am trying to play AOC and my FPS is great some times I play (30-50 fps) and other I can't get more than 10 fps so I am trying to find the problem.

Thanx

As far as AoC is converned... try this.

Adjust your GFX settings in AoC to medium, and turn of shading. like 3.0 and possible even 2.0. Then you should get much higher fps.

1) To disable PowerMizer copy this text into the following file "nv_disp.inf"

HKR,, PowerMizerDefault, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

Note: The above txt will go in this section of the inf file

" [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] "

Edited by wook

After installing these drivers all my games just started dropping to 1/4 FPS after random time playing. This happened on a friend's laptop at the same time. (same driver, but xp 32bit instead).

I've reverted to my good old 174.74, but the problem persists. It's really annoying because I can't play Grid or Vegas 2 for 5 minutes straight :) :)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance..

You are overclocking correct??

Mine has started doing the same. My system is suddenly aware of temp above 90 0c which it previously has not had a problem with.

When it hits this temp., it drops to 3d standard mode, then when it goes below 80 it kicks into performance mode again.

I too dropped back to 174.74 but mine is doing the same thing. Even tried uninstalling and cleaning out driver fragents. No luck.

Im testing 177 again might do a clean install eventually.. which i usually do every 4 months

Help. I am not able to overclock

1)make sure you do a fresh driver install. uninstall old driver, run driversweep (in safe mode) then run the setup.exe...

2)make sure its pluged in to wall..(PSU)

3)install rivatuner again after the driver is installed (or your other app you use to overclock)

Thanks! I will try that.

Driver works fine on my system and appears to correct the color area that I experienced with 175.80 in WiC.

Runs hotter than 175.80, but those drivers were exceptionally cool from my experience.

You are overclocking correct??

Mine has started doing the same. My system is suddenly aware of temp above 90 0c which it previously has not had a problem with.

When it hits this temp., it drops to 3d standard mode, then when it goes below 80 it kicks into performance mode again.

I too dropped back to 174.74 but mine is doing the same thing. Even tried uninstalling and cleaning out driver fragents. No luck.

Im testing 177 again might do a clean install eventually.. which i usually do every 4 months

I'm using the default clock settings! And I can't see my graphics card temperature :)

I uninstalled the 174.74, ran Driver Sweeper, and reinstalled 177.26.

Then 3DMark 2006 achieved 5264 3dMarks, without any type of abnormal performance lost.

Max temperatures during test: Processor: 57ºC, HDD: 43ºC, ACPI(?):54ºC

I'll try running a game now..

what oubt on acer 5920g ? do they work good? how much are they "hotter" than 175.80 (best driver until now) ?

rivatuner

I have disabled powermizer. Dont like AI doing things for me tooooo much. Plus when plug gets removed, it automatically goes into 2d mode.

how do you disable powermizer in vista? im lost :)

This driver is giving me trouble in Garry's Mod.

It messes up my menu (menu, or just parts of it just disappear, the HUD is messed up, and shows lines (don't know where from)).

The funny thing is that those things only happen randomly and don't last for too long...

Besides that it looks good.

how do you disable powermizer in vista? im lost :)

Insert this into your inf file.

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]

HKR,, PowerMizerDefault, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

what oubt on acer 5920g ? do they work good? how much are they "hotter" than 175.80 (best driver until now) ?

I don't have your machine, but I can tell you that it hasn't been that much hotter for me. Maybe 3-5 degrees C?

175.80 was simply phenomenal (3 hours of CoD4 and it was @ 70C-73C), so even a moderate increase from that is still very good or at least average.

Hello, I tried these on my 8600m GT (non OC : core@475, shader@950 ; OC : core@548, Shader@1096), T7300 @ 2 GHz, here are the bench results :

3d Mark 06

-8600m GT forceware 177.26 :

3DMark Score 3272 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 1334

SM 3.0 Score 1197

CPU Score 1624

-8600m GT forceware 175.16 :

3DMark Score 3257 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 1313

SM 3.0 Score 1179

CPU Score 1756

-8600m GT OC forceware 177.26 :

3DMark Score 3478 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 1419

SM 3.0 Score 1275

CPU Score 1714

-8600m GT OC forceware 175.16 :

3DMark Score 3424 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 1397

SM 3.0 Score 1261

CPU Score 1652

+15 non OC, +54 OC, so no big change, I'll try on AOC if I finnally receive the box.

No problem for overclocking procedure with Riva Turner.

Edit : After a certain amount of time while playing CoD4, system switch to low 3D performances... Then I loose half of my fps. I don't know if it comes from drivers or from my system, but, I have to reboot computer to make work it correctly again, quiet annoying, I need to find a solution. (Don't want to fully disabled powermiser, my pc don't need all the power all the time)

Edited by Nahouhak

Has anyone had any success in overclocking?

Guest Guest

THE BEST DRIVER EVAR!!!! ok, no really, these are the best I have ever tried (about 7) since the release of Crysis! I went from 21.4 fps w/ 167.45, and then proceeded up through several drivers until hitting 24.6 fps with this one! And I can OC no problem and no probs with powermizer. I do get the occasional irregular 0.5 sec freeze though if I stand still for awhile and then move again (not related to clocks). Who cares though, cuz I can now play crysis on MED-HIGH w/ HDR (HUGE DIFFERENCE) with a supremely optimized config at 17-25 fps!!!!

I have a 8400mGT 256 ddr3 at 1280x800 (I posted right above) and I used my own custom config.

Edited by ®®®
merged both posts

Guest Berserker

Hello guys,

i can't install this driver on my Toshiba Satego X200. I select my Geforce 8700M GT by the installation but i won't work.

Here is my mistake.

unbenanntdcw.jpg