LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista32 providing optional update for 175.12

Guest rags

i installed the 175.12 for my XPS m1530 3GBram 8600m gt vista x32 a couple of days ago. Now windows update shows me an optional update for the GPU driver. do i install it?

It wasnt mentioned in the install guide anywhere how to handle windows update's recommended updates. please help! thanks!

i installed the 175.12 for my XPS m1530 3GBram 8600m gt vista x32 a couple of days ago. Now windows update shows me an optional update for the GPU driver. do i install it?

It wasnt mentioned in the install guide anywhere how to handle windows update's recommended updates. please help! thanks!

windows shows me an 'optional' update for my 8600gt as well. but its 2007 driver so i wouldnt touch it. stick with what you have (if you like it)

i just switched to 177.26 and it seems ok so far. about to test with company of heroes. but 3dmark'06 was the highest test i got so far.

windows shows me an 'optional' update for my 8600gt as well. but its 2007 driver so i wouldnt touch it. stick with what you have (if you like it)

i just switched to 177.26 and it seems ok so far. about to test with company of heroes. but 3dmark'06 was the highest test i got so far.

ure right, the driver is of october 2007...

What i'm looking for is stability with fair performance... i dont usually play highly demanding games.... but i'd like everythin too go smooth, for example games like condition zero n all... sometimes even the slideshow in windows gallery lags when i choose the spin theme... i figured the hardware is good enough for it not to lag, driver must be the problem, so i upgraded...

Do you recommmend 177.26 for me? or any other one?

edit: oh and i'm the same person :) i jus registered, figuring ill be comin here quite often!

Edited by ragsrocks