LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I Got The Card Physically installed but....

TC Ozman

hey everyone...well i got my 8600m gs. I did the hardware installation, which was a easy as unplugging one card and putting in that one. I tried some drivers from laptop video 2 go and when installed with the "have Disk" method it reboots after installation and then the screen is black (but you can hear the windows vista sounds). If someone can put me in the direction of the proper drivers from laptopvideo2go id love it because im thinking its a dx10 problem. By the way in order to have vista i upgrade from xp. So in other words i did a clean install of XP then installed laptopvideo2go drivers and they seemed to work in XP. Then upgraded to vista ultimate and when i upgrade it changes the drivers from nvidia to the standard vga (because the drivers arent compatible with vista) . Then i tried to download the drivers from laptopvideo2go and i still get the black screen with sound. Also, i have Mac on my computer and the drivers installed just find....I have everything that mac has to offer when it comes to graphics, graphics acceleration etc.

So if someone could show me where the drivers are and give me some possibilities why the drivers wont work in vista that would be great!

Edited by TC Ozman

hey everyone...well i got my 8600m gs. I did the hardware installation, which was a easy as unplugging one card and putting in that one. I tried some drivers from laptop video 2 go and when installed with the "have Disk" method it reboots after installation and then the screen is black (but you can hear the windows vista sounds). If someone can put me in the direction of the proper drivers from laptopvideo2go id love it because im thinking its a dx10 problem. By the way in order to have vista i upgrade from xp. So in other words i did a clean install of XP then installed laptopvideo2go drivers and they seemed to work in XP. Then upgraded to vista ultimate and when i upgrade it changes the drivers from nvidia to the standard vga (because the drivers arent compatible with vista) . Then i tried to download the drivers from laptopvideo2go and i still get the black screen with sound. Also, i have Mac on my computer and the drivers installed just find....I have everything that mac has to offer when it comes to graphics, graphics acceleration etc.

So if someone could show me where the drivers are and give me some possibilities why the drivers wont work in vista that would be great!

Hi TC Ozman,

I've told my friend who has a Alienware M5500 with 8600M GS. When I know the driver I'll let you know it.

Edited by jora

Hi TC Ozman,

I've told my friend who has a Alienware M5500 with 8600M GS. When I know the firmware I'll let you know it.

By the way, attached is his laptop's information. That can prove Alienware M5500 is compatible with 8600M GS.

post-25571-1213368508_thumb.jpg

By the way, attached is his laptop's information. That can prove Alienware M5500 is compatible with 8600M GS.

thanks alot jora, i find it wierd that the laptopvideo2go drivers work for XP and the laptopvideo2go drivers for vista dont work at all ...i even had to disable DEP protection in vista to even install the drivers in vista. to which it in return gave me the black screen with sound on restart when i install the drivers.

Just to let you know, i just got Crysis yesterday and im running it on xp with i believe its 16909 laptopvideo2go drivers. Its actually running great...i selected optimal settings and it set everything to medium and the Frames Per Second is pretty solid...ill have to check on the exact calculation though. If somone can tell me how to get the vista drivers installed still it would be great to have dx 10 with the game. On a side note UT3 runs a 4 and 4 (map and character detail) very well... better than my x700 at 1 and 1 settings! I thought Crysis would run like crap because my processor stinks (Pentium M 2.0 GHZ) but all is well with that.

And jora...i cant read your friends info for Vista...its in another language lol

Edited by TC Ozman

that proves too the M5550 is compatible with 8600M cause the screenshot shows core 2 duo equipped machine. But M5500 is pentium M, not core 2. So the model you are talking about is the M5500i-R3 or called M5550i too. M5500 is the old generation with pentium M , M5500i-R3 the new with core 2 duo and 945GM chipset.

Hi TC Ozman,

Glad to hear you'r good news.

My friend's operation is XP, and the driver he use is an old one. :)

Just to let you know, i just got Crysis yesterday and im running it on xp with i believe its 16909 laptopvideo2go drivers. Its actually running great...i selected optimal settings and it set everything to medium and the Frames Per Second is pretty solid...ill have to check on the exact calculation though. If somone can tell me how to get the vista drivers installed still it would be great to have dx 10 with the game. On a side note UT3 runs a 4 and 4 (map and character detail) very well... better than my x700 at 1 and 1 settings! I thought Crysis would run like crap because my processor stinks (Pentium M 2.0 GHZ) but all is well with that.

And jora...i cant read your friends info for Vista...its in another language lol

that proves too the M5550 is compatible with 8600M cause the screenshot shows core 2 duo equipped machine. But M5500 is pentium M, not core 2. So the model you are talking about is the M5500i-R3 or called M5550i too. M5500 is the old generation with pentium M , M5500i-R3 the new with core 2 duo and 945GM chipset.

Thank, johnbob.

I've learned from you. The machines you are talking about is not popular in China or Taiwan.

Thank, johnbob.

I've learned from you. The machines you are talking about is not popular in China or Taiwan.

Haha thats kind of funny Jora....that explains why your friends system info was in Chinese. Did you find what drivers were used for Vista yet?

Haha thats kind of funny Jora....that explains why your friends system info was in Chinese. Did you find what drivers were used for Vista yet?

I am a Taiwanese, and he is a Chinese. That's why his system info is in Chinese. :)

I still not find the driver for Vista...........

I am a Taiwanese, and he is a Chinese. That's why his system info is in Chinese. :)

I still not find the driver for Vista...........

LOL alright sorry, im prety inept when it comes to other countries and their languages. But anyway ive been searching and the only drivers ive found so far for vista seems to be manufacturer specific whereas the xp drivers are for any laptop type... so whenever you find the drivers to install for vista that would be awesome. Thanks Jora.

EDIT: Im going to try the Nvidia OEM video card drivers with the modded INF file using the have disk method and hopefully everything will be up and running. Ill let everyone know what happens....

Edited by TC Ozman

DAMN!!!!....didnt work....the drivers i used were 17493. I thought if i used the normal vista nvidia drivers from here that it would work but i guess not...in anyone could please let me know what drivers to use for vista with an alienware m5500 PLEASE let me know...