LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Satelite X205-S7483 Graphic Card Help

ProKillMan

Hello to All-

I have a Toshiba Laptop with a Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT and with 2 GB of RAM, and I bought this laptop about March or so, and I've been VERY disappointed with it. It is a gaming computer and I payed GOOD money for this gaming computer, but then I go to play like a SIMPLE GRAPHIC games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and the computer is lagging like no tomorrow! So, I ask of all you experts out there, I NEED HELP! I can't believe I payed ALL THIS MONEY for a computer that can't even run a simple game. I also tryed playing GRID and it couldn't handle the graphics on MAX... I also don't get it that it is a 8700, WHY isn't it as good or close to as well at the 8800 is? Well please help a VERY frusterated computer guy...I do also shut down most to all background programs and run disk cleanup and disk defragmenter on a regular basis... I also can't find a update for this card to save my life... I was wondering is it possible to use the "Forceware" on it?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

-ProKillMan

I also don't get it that it is a 8700, WHY isn't it as good or close to as well at the 8800 is?

Because 8800 is about twice as fast.

You might try updating the BIOS. I have heard of some Toshibas having problems like this until the BIOS is updated.