LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM upgrade Uniwill 259 AKA ABS g4 mayhem AKA AW m5500

Guest MXM user

Guest MXM user

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributes to this form you guys helped me a whole heck of a lot when switching my go6600 for a 8600gt. and i thought i would add some more wisdom to anyone thinking about doing this upgrade. When i got this card it would beep for 30sec and say that the their is an error with the MXM stucture, well, looking onat the forms i found an bios (acer 8600gt bios ver.707) (useing nvflash) but had to convert it to a rom file useing NIbitor. All went well and then came the hardest part the damn vista driver every time they would boot into windows and i would hear sound but all i would get is a black srceen. After intaling like 30 drivers i found 162.22 on laptopvideo and it worked the only one that did. 3dmark 06 scores of around 3200 with a cpu subscore of 650 (PM 730). Thanks guys you really helped me out with this upgrade

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to thank everyone that contributes to this form you guys helped me a whole heck of a lot when switching my go6600 for a 8600gt. and i thought i would add some more wisdom to anyone thinking about doing this upgrade. When i got this card it would beep for 30sec and say that the their is an error with the MXM stucture, well, looking onat the forms i found an bios (acer 8600gt bios ver.707) (useing nvflash) but had to convert it to a rom file useing NIbitor. All went well and then came the hardest part the damn vista driver every time they would boot into windows and i would hear sound but all i would get is a black srceen. After intaling like 30 drivers i found 162.22 on laptopvideo and it worked the only one that did. 3dmark 06 scores of around 3200 with a cpu subscore of 650 (PM 730). Thanks guys you really helped me out with this upgrade

lol well....you may have actually just helped me inadvertantly. I have gotten the black screen with only sound also and i guess ill give the driver you used a try instead of the other ones that i have tried.

tym8 :) :)