LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer 4710G upgrading from 8400M G to 8600M GT woks!

karajan

Hello, I am new here, and I am from China.

I also buy one Nv MXM card from ebay, and I upgrade my GPU card successfully.

I am amazed that ATI card also can upgrade to Nv card. DXXN GOOD!!!

It's very simple to change the MXM card, unplug the original one, them plug in the new one. No need to mod vbios.

I'll post some pictures later. :)

Hello, I am new here, and I am from China.

I also buy one Nv MXM card from ebay, and I upgrade my GPU card successfully.

I am amazed that ATI card also can upgrade to Nv card. DXXN GOOD!!!

It's very simple to change the MXM card, unplug the original one, them plug in the new one. No need to mod vbios.

I'll post some pictures later. :)

I've disassembled my laptop again. The only thing you need to notice is use original ATI card's "heatplate"(I don't know how to say it...)

IMGP2552.JPG

IMGP2553.JPG

IMGP2555.JPG

IMGP2556.JPG

IMGP2557.JPG

IMGP2558.JPG

IMGP2559.JPG

IMGP2561.JPG

This is import, you need to use original ATI GPU card's "heatplate"(I don't know how to say it...) Look at the red circle in the pic.

IMGP2563.JPG

IMGP2564.JPG

IMGP2566.JPG

IMGP2567.JPG

IMGP2572.JPG

IMGP2576.JPG

IMGP2577.JPG

IMGP2578.JPG

IMGP2579.JPG

IMGP2581.JPG

Edited by karajan

I've disassembled my laptop again. The only thing you need to notice is use original ATI card's "heatplate"(I don't know how to say it...)

By the way, welcome to Beijing Olympic. :)

could u give me the link where u buy the card? thnx in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey! im chinese too! woot woot good to have a brother here. yeah beijing olympics gonna be ace? are you from beijing? theres loads of smog up there though and they need to clean it up pronto

• 3 weeks later...

hi i have a advent with 8400m gs (from quanta ) which has a pci express so it will let me change the gpu right? and could you put a video on yourtube or something to show set buy set how you did it?/

many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

waaaahh how will i do this things??? i also have aspire 4710G with 128 ATI graphic card.. how can i upgrade...? what do i need to buy?? please helpp mee i want to upgrade my laptop...

you with the upgrade 8600M GT ... are there no heat problems ... do u game with your laptop? do u have temperatures?

• 1 year later...
Guest Bill Schwenke

I've been documenting mine on American site GTAF (Grand Theft Auto , as "Slamman", and mine must be the 4710 first edition as there's no graphics card port, only Intel GMA 950 onboard, the heatstove pipe on the HSF covers the chips on the board and CPU, and the space near the HDD is vacant. I am SOL as they say, unless anyone sells the better produced motherboards and I actually have a "windfall"!

Name's Bill, BTW. I plan some YT video about mine. There are TV ads on YT already, and I got mine from a pawnshop for $130!

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Rony a.k.a. VeNoM 026

dude i wanna serious help...

im having Acer Aspire 4710 2.5 yrs old.

it does nt hv ne graphic card..

:)

bt i really want 2 insert a graphic card in it.

will da above procedure be applicable??

another problem is that is after i run heavy graphics program like rendering apps or games within 10 mins da system is heated up.

i think dere is a prob wid da heat sink...!!!

ne expert comments pleez...!!

may b it cz of my 1 GB ram??

N e body pleez help me out..!!!

email id:

prithijit.majumder@gmail.com

• 4 months later...
Guest Bill Sch

Mine has one HEAT PIPE, from the fan to the NorthBridge and CPU, whereas in the pics, there are two for a GPU included on the feature set, so I doubt you have the option, and it should not be too hot, nowhere near as hot as a Sony Vaio with desktop CPU! Like the K23 I also own. I have 2GB Ram upgrade, fastest speed! and 2Ghz T2450 CPU Core Duo