LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Notebook Medion 41300 strange FPS drop

joi

Hello i have been looking on this forum and i can see that many pepole have had problems with their medion 41300 drivers. I have though sucsessfully moded them with help of the origional INF file so that i have tha latest drivers. Still, i have strange lag when i play games on it.

First, i start the game and play for about 10 minutes then with no warning the lag starts and goes on for about 15 seconds and after that it goes back to normal. Every 2 minutes that happens after that. Now to my question: How do i fix this?

Hardware:

Intel pention 4 3 GHz

1.25 Gigabyte RAM

Nividia GE force FX 64 mb

Windows XP home edition with service pack 3 and latest updates.

Sorry for my bad English.

Hello i have been looking on this forum and i can see that many pepole have had problems with their medion 41300 drivers. I have though sucsessfully moded them with help of the origional INF file so that i have tha latest drivers. Still, i have strange lag when i play games on it.

First, i start the game and play for about 10 minutes then with no warning the lag starts and goes on for about 15 seconds and after that it goes back to normal. Every 2 minutes that happens after that. Now to my question: How do i fix this?

Hardware:

Intel pention 4 3 GHz

1.25 Gigabyte RAM

Nividia GE force FX 64 mb

Windows XP home edition with service pack 3 and latest updates.

Sorry for my bad English.

I might be wrong. but its a heat issue. Open HWMonitor or RivaTuner and see the hardware monitoring tool. Run a game then when it starts doing it Alt Tab to see the temp. The clock of your GPU is dropping to stop it from frying itself.

1) If you are overclocking then drop the core or mem speed a little.

2) Underclock the card

3) Have more air flow under the laptop

4) Buy a laptop cooler pad

Good luck

Edited by wook

I might be wrong. but its a heat issue. Open HWMonitor or RivaTuner and see the hardware monitoring tool. Run a game then when it starts doing it Alt Tab to see the temp. The clock of your GPU is dropping to stop it from frying itself.

2) Underclock the card

Good luck

Yes thats good, that the heat forces the card to slow down. I will try to underclock the card and place it upon somethig to get more air undernearth it.

2) Underclock the card

Good luck

I did Underclock the craphics card and placed it upon a thig to make more air flow through it. The result were not so good though. The problems started after 10 minutes and kept on as usally. The GPU got to about 80 C when playing.

My graphics card hits ~75 degrees all the time, and it doesn't slow down or anything like this. Sounds to me like a PowerMizer issue. Try disabling PowerMizer in the Control Panel and play your games again.

Edited by Michael Marley

My graphics card hits 80 degrees all the time, and it doesn't slow down or anything like this. Sounds to me like a PowerMizer issue. Try disabling PowerMizer in the Control Panel and play your games again.

I disabled PowerMizer (well, took all the options to lowest) On lowest settings the games run much slower, but on balanced i had the same game performance as before, it took longer time for the lag to appear but it's still there. The lag isn't as bad as before, but i'm open to suggestions to make it better.

Which driver version are you using? On all of them I have seen, it is just On or Off.

This getting to be kind of an old driver now. I am not sure exactly how Jeroen modified the INF, but I sure he would be glad to tell you. Then, you could put whatever modifications would be necessary into an INF for a new driver, and this might fix your problem.

Hi joi,

First of all I also think it's a heat problem! You're not the first user that has these problems, and I had them too!

The drivers on my page are indeed outdated! This is because I sold the laptop just after those drivers! Though my inf modifications are in the are in the inf enhancer. So you can try out any driver you want!

These modifications solve some tv-out problems on this laptop! I had my laptop 'broken' when I did not use it! (The full story is somewhere on the board here)

Annyways, I do not directly know how to fix your problem (except for the solutions given above), so you should count on the rest of the people here! It's been a while that I've been playing with drivers :) (for about 2years now I guess)

Success!

Hi joi,

First of all I also think it's a heat problem! You're not the first user that has these problems, and I had them too!

The drivers on my page are indeed outdated! This is because I sold the laptop just after those drivers! Though my inf modifications are in the are in the inf enhancer. So you can try out any driver you want!

These modifications solve some tv-out problems on this laptop! I had my laptop 'broken' when I did not use it! (The full story is somewhere on the board here)

Annyways, I do not directly know how to fix your problem (except for the solutions given above), so you should count on the rest of the people here! It's been a while that I've been playing with drivers :) (for about 2years now I guess)

Success!

Thank you for answering so fast.

I will try the INF enchanter and post when i have tested them.