LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Clone with Separate Resolutions: need helping with INF transplant!

ikjadoon

Hi. I can currently clone my desktop to 1680x1050 on my main and 1280x1024 on my secondary. This only works with 169.25, the previous WHQL driver. However, with this new driver, I cannot do this anymore. I've tried custom resolutions, PowerStrip, etc. None work. It works in 169.25, not in 175.16.

Is there a way I can somehow supplant the monitor resolution files from my previous driver to this one? Is that the regular INF? Can I just use the 169.25 completely? I know clone isn't supposed to be able to do this, but it works in 169.25 somehow, but not in 175.16. I'm just hoping that these monitor files are the reason. :)

It is an 8800GTS 640MB; I'm using a DVI cable on main and VGA cable on my secondary. If you need any information, please ask.

~Ibrahim~

Edited by ikjadoon

Bump...Anyone else had this issue? :)

~Ibrahim~

Are you trying to display the same image on two monitors, except at different resolutions?

Are you trying to display the same image on two monitors, except at different resolutions?

That is exactly it. :)

Thanks for the reply!

~Ibrahim~

Are you sure that was ever supported? I don't think Windows supports that. Maybe did it display just an area of the screen with larger resolution on the one with smaller resolution?

• 2 months later...
Are you sure that was ever supported? I don't think Windows supports that. Maybe did it display just an area of the screen with larger resolution on the one with smaller resolution?

Eghad, I hate to bump up such an old thread. I think something was wrong with the email notifications and I never got the email that someone had replied! Really sorry. Hopefully, they are working now.

Well, I kind of have a clue now about what might be happening. The driver's in 169.25 can't read the EDID information correctly from my TV; so it just sends 1680x1050 to both monitors. However, the TV can't accept that resolution so it just displays it at 1280x1024.

Is there a way I can tell it to ignore EDID or even add the 1680x1050 resolution to my TV (not my monitor) in it's EDID info? Or is there a way to "force" 1680x1050 on both monitors, which is what it essentially does in the old driver?

Thanks!

~Ibrahim~