LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware M5500 w/8600m gs VISTA x86 drivers

TC Ozman

Hey everyone,

Im hoping someone could help me out with an annoying problem of mine. I have vista XP and Mac Tri-booting and my 8600m gs is working fine in both Mac and XP (in XP i use the laptopvideo2go 16909 drivers and in Mac i use something else that isnt even classified as a driver in mac language). So heres my problem with Vista x86. Originally when i install vista it will give me the standard vga driver. Then i went here to this great site laptopvideo2go and then i downloaded the 16909 drivers for vista x86 using the have disk method. After install i hear the sound of the Vista intro music and i have a black screen. This happens when trying any install method. (have disk and also the traditional nvidia install) . I have tried other drivers from here with no luck. Same black screen. I really dont understand how i can have it installed on xp AND MAC FOR GODS SAKE....and it not work on Vista. So if someone can help me out that would be freakin sweet.

Edited by TC Ozman

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Is your laptop a MacBook Pro, or is it a standard PC laptop running OSx86? This makes a huge difference, as far as Windoze drivers go.

Edited by Michael Marley

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Is your laptop a MacBook Pro, or is it a standard PC laptop running OSx86? This makes a huge difference, as far as Windoze drivers go.

Its not a MacBook its a hackbook....Its an Alienware as shown from my specs to the left. I wouldnt of said Tri-boot if i was running Bootcamp because that would mean that my microsoft O/S's werent actually booting on startup and they were virtual machines.

Edited by TC Ozman

Just wanted to make sure. I was being real stupid though. I did not even read the title of the post! (bangs head on desk)