LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia Mobile GPUs

mobilenvidia

Thought I'd grab this nVidia info and put it here for those wanting to know a general idea of how each GPU figures in the scheme of things.

Any and all feedback encouraged :)

8800M

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800M GTX and GeForce 8800M GTS GPUS - the world?s fastest notebook GPUs powering the ultimate DX10 notebook gaming platform so you can finally play games the way the developer meant them to be played.

8800m.jpg

8700M

NVIDIA®GeForce®8700M GT graphics processing unit (GPU) is the world's first Microsoft DirectX®10 graphics for high performance enthusiast gaming notebook PCs.

8700m.jpg

8600M

The NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M graphics processing unit (GPU) allows you to play the hottest new games, enjoy home-theater quality video, and enjoy the ultimate Microsoft® Windows Vista? experience.

8600m.jpg

8400M

The NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M graphics processing unit (GPU) provides the ultimate Microsoft® Windows Vista? experience in a truly mobile compact package. You can also play the hottest new games and enjoy home-theater quality video.

8400m.jpg

9650M GS

For the graphics-intensive features you need to enjoy home-theater quality video, use the latest productivity applications, play hot new PC games, and enjoy the ultimate Windows Vista? experience, make sure your performance notebook is equipped with an NVIDIA® GeForce® 9650M GS graphics processing unit (GPU). This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9650m.jpg

9600M GT

Enabling the new era of visual computing, the NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT GPUs deliver the ultimate balance between mobility and performance for astounding PureVideo® HD technology playback capabilities combined with 3D features to enable visually-intense applications and games. With Hybrid SLI® technology features like HybridPower? technology and GeForce Boost, you have optimal power management capabilities together with enhanced performance for one of the most ideal systems available today. This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9600mgt.jpg

9600M GS

Enabling the new era of visual computing, the NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GS GPUs deliver the ultimate balance between mobility and performance for astounding PureVideo® HD technology playback capabilities combined with 3D features to enable visually-intense applications and games. With Hybrid SLI® technology features like HybridPower? technology and GeForce Boost, you have optimal power management capabilities together with enhanced performance for one of the most ideal systems available today. This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9600mgs.jpg

9500M GS

For the graphics-intensive features you need to enjoy home-theater quality video, use the latest productivity applications, play hot new PC games, and enjoy the ultimate Windows Vista? experience, make sure your performance notebook is equipped with an NVIDIA® GeForce® 9500M GS graphics processing unit (GPU). This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9500mgs.jpg

9500M G

Enabling the new era of visual computing, the NVIDIA® GeForce® 9500M G GPUs deliver the ultimate balance between mobility and performance for astounding PureVideo® HD technology playback capabilities combined with 3D features to enable visually-intense applications and games. With Hybrid SLI® technology features like HybridPower? technology and GeForce Boost, you have optimal power management capabilities together with enhanced performance for one of the most ideal systems available today. This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9500mg.jpg

9300M GS

Providing powerful visual computing features to thin-and-light notebook PCs, the NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M GS GPUs take mainstream systems to a new level of performance. With best-in-class HD video and audio combined with the ability to run visually-intensive applications, this graphics solution is ideal for your everyday computing needs to enjoy Windows Vista? and todays popular games. This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9300mgs.jpg

9300M G

For the graphics-intensive features you need to enjoy home-theater quality video, use the latest productivity applications, play hot new PC games, and enjoy the ultimate Windows Vista? experience, make sure your performance notebook is equipped with an NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M G graphics processing unit (GPU). This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9300mg.jpg

9200M GS

Providing powerful visual computing features to thin-and-light notebook PCs, the NVIDIA® GeForce® 9200M GS GPUs take mainstream systems to a new level of performance. With best-in-class HD video and audio combined with the ability to run visually-intensive applications, this graphics solution is ideal for your everyday computing needs to enjoy Windows Vista? and todays popular games. This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9200mgs.jpg

9100M G

The NVIDIA® GeForce® 9100M G motherboard GPU brings enhanced system performance to the value segment. Enjoy a Blu-ray movie with NVIDIA PureVideo® HD. When combined with a GeForce 9M series discrete GPU with Hybrid SLI® technology, system performance level can increase supporting visually-intense applications and game-play without breaking your wallet. This product is also enabled for CUDA applications and is NVIDIA PhysX-ready.

9100mg.jpg

My GeForce 8600m GT runs at 513mHz core, 1026mHz shader, and 400mHz RAM. And I don't overclock. I wonder why my clocks are higher than stock.

OEM's are known to change the official nV clocks sometimes.

Although normally slower to help with less video support problems.

Well, my memory is slower. I am just glad that the GPU is faster. :)

My 8600m GS runs at 500 GPU c***.... 400 Memory Clock and 1000 Shader ? with the official driver and no overclocking programs.... Any ideas?

Edited by Vibe

some notebook vendors downclock the gpus from the reference nvidia's clock to reduce heat and improve battery life.

ok Thanks.... and should I overclock the GPU to the Nvidia Specifications ?

theoretically its safe to do since its nvidia's reference clocks.

up to u however

ok thanks!

I once had a GeForce 6600GT that had the memory clock set at 200mHz (DDR) lower than the memory on the card was rated for. I upped the memory speed in the BIOS using NiBiTor and then flashed it with NVFlash. It gave me quite an improvement in performance.

• 2 weeks later...

8400m gs FTW!!

there arent many laptops with 8400m gt though

GT for graphics turbo!

how come there stats missing on some of the 9m series cards?