LaptopVideo2Go Forums

dv9000CTO 7600 59hz :(

Guest Kane

Well like the title and description say...

I have a dv9000CTO from HP with the 7600 GFX card... besides the oblivious bad cooling... The monitor in Vista only recognizes 1680x1050@59hz... well most games and FSA (full screen apps) NEED 60hz to work... anyone know anything I can do to FORCE vista or xp even to get @60hz...

This really sucks....

thanks for anyone who can help (PS I found when i bought it a LONG while back people had a fix that forced it to 60hz and it worked fine -XP only- but now i cannot find even that again...)

what driver are you using? 'generic monitor" cause that could be your problem right there.

I dont think there is any other driver...... its just what HP shipped it with and i couldn't find any info about the screen to find a proper driver for the monitor...

• 1 month later...
So.... does anyone know how to forcibly add a refresh rate to Vista or XP?

59hz is BS

I don't know what your doing wrong but I got 60hz on my DV9000

So.... does anyone know how to forcibly add a refresh rate to Vista or XP?

59hz is BS

So, I agree. But I have at least to choose from 59,60,62 and higher - have created all kinds of modes when trying to get working ones. 62 doesn't work with my external monitor. But 59 doesn't hurt in my case - that's the default in my lappie, too.

59 is also the default on mine... I have no problems with it. Every game I try is fine on 59...

Just created via Control Panel a 61 Hz mode, it seems to work but 62 doesn't. It's trial and error and different drivers have behaved very differently. Earlier the highest mode I could see was 120 Hz, with my recent driver it's 240 Hz.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest charliepan
59 is also the default on mine... I have no problems with it. Every game I try is fine on 59...

Hi. Im having the same problem with my new HP dv9700t.

It has the 8400m gs, 17 wxsga 1680x1050@59hz

I have been searching everywhere for a fix, it seems its a hardware issue with the LCDs, some examples have 60hz and are fine. there is nothing wrong with the 59hz aside from some games not supporting it. Mostly from EA. I found an example of a Dell customer who had tech support give him a new LCD screen that was 60hz ... but that's a bit extreme of a fix for a few games.

EA has absolutely no intention of patching thier games to fix this, although it seems the newer games like Crysis are fine.

Anyone comes across another fix please post!