LaptopVideo2Go Forums

T61p With shutdown problems

EarthDog

Hi All!

I am having some serious trouble with my T61p Lenovo laptop.

Simply shuts down when i am playing FS2004 or when i expand my desktop with a second LCD display.

I have read of 2 possibilities

1) Overheating

2) Some lenovos tend to have may be problem when 2 RAM Simms are installed.

I removed the second Simm today and i installed GPU-z to monitor the GPUs temp.

Now i have the second monitor enabled as well and the temp is at 60 celcius..what are the normal operating limits when idle, second display enabled and when heavy gaming is at hand?

i have tried many many driver versions and since yesterday i am with the old ones that ar emost recent from lenovo 156.85

I tis very very irritating to have a STOP message for display driver and then completely hung or just power off.

Any other ideas?

Elias

Your idle temp seems about right. Once you take out the other SODIMM, does the problem go away? I would recommend using a later driver version than the one that Lenovo provides. It is quite old.

Your idle temp seems about right. Once you take out the other SODIMM, does the problem go away? I would recommend using a later driver version than the one that Lenovo provides. It is quite old.

Since this morning that i have taken out the 2nd Simm, i am operating the machine with extended desktop in a second display. The tempo is now 61 celcius

Momentarily i loaded flight simulator and made a replay of a saved flight and it went up to 73 celcius..I wonder if these temps are normal for intensive gaming...

Elias