LaptopVideo2Go Forums

XPS LaptopVideo2Go DVI(to VGA) problem

gruczniak

Hello,

First of all. This is a great work as Dell is lazy with the drivers for XPS (which is strange considering the price).

Anyway I changed to laptopvideo2go drivers and now I have nice performance and stability which was an issue with the Dell drivers. Since the change I suffer from unabling to switch to TV via DVI (to DSub/VGA). Simply after key combination nothing happens. I tried to rollback to official and it worked. I just wander if any of you guys had the same issue.

I did not found anything helpfull so far. I tried to create INF for TV with restricted resolutions and it did the job with older drivers. With the new ones i can not swich even using low res (which at some points helped me with the other laptop i have).

thats it for a start.

that is one of the problems of using the modded inf.

you may find that full functions of you card such as those that you have described, will not work or be broken.

that is because the official dell drivers were made with the laptop in mind and so full functionality works.

Dell hardly updates due to (i suspect) having to pay nvidia for a new one.

i suppose its a trade on between full function vs stablity & performance.

167.xx drivers are made for laptops and dont require a modded inf.

maybe they will work for you.

16x caused a lot of troubles for me. Despite performance which was slighty lower most annoying thing was driver resets and i do not get those with current driver.

I do wonder if anyone else had the same/similar problem with the DVI out.

Have you tried configuring the outputs using the Nvidia Control Panel? Often, this will work when the hotkeys do not.

Yes i did somehow i can not set the output as i see only lcd in the list. Chocing force at reboot and rebooting doesnt change much.

As soon as i have the time I am going to try the working(previously) drivers to ensure that this is the case. Further actions: will see.

What may be happening here is the Nvidia driver is failing to detect the attached display because of the converter or because of an error in the design of your display. What type of monitor is being connected?

Of course you might be right.

I connect to samsung 32r81b 32' TV and I am watching resolution issues as it is neither of normal HD ones. I worked with modded inf file for TV

As you noticed i use converter for D-SUB. Accrually i use two: one belkin bought by myself and one gainward which came with the desktop card with DVI only.

The problem i see is no reaction from TV after key combination (and display from Dell describing type of switch/came with XPS).

Tv should say signal out of range it should react anyhow. LCD should power down(i switch mostly to TV only). Nothing happens thou.

Lets freze here so i will do couple of more tests and ensure(again) that this is the case.