LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS Driver

arek

i just updated my graphic card driver to 174.32

after i did it it starts to crash in the middle of a game

and i keep getting this error randomly when im using

the laptop that the Rundll32 have stoped worknig.

does anyone have the same problem or

knows how to fix it?

If your old driver was not causing any problems, you could just downgrade back to that. Or, if you did not use Driver Sweeper before installing new drivers, make sure you do that.

If your old driver was not causing any problems, you could just downgrade back to that. Or, if you did not use Driver Sweeper before installing new drivers, make sure you do that.

diriver sweeper? where do i get that? i can try driver sweeper and then instal the driver again

but i wont downgrade becaus i was using verison 1 or something before and its not good enough

for gaming

• 5 months later...
Guest guestFAB

I have the same problem. It's the drivers. I updated to the 174.32 since they're the only ones that HP has available on their site for my laptop. I have an 8600m GS 256MB, in an HP DV 9535nr. Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit Service Pack 1, all updates (HP, Windows, Direct X, Norton etc.)

I get these rundll32 crashes every time the screen locks up with one of those security dialogs. I've experimented with several INF modded drivers, none of them reproduce the issue. It's the 174.32, and unfortunately you'll loose the functionality if you stick with anything unofficial. So just either stick with these until HP get's out something new or go back to your previous drivers.

HP usually keeps a nice folder of all of the drivers and programs your HP shipped with, as well as anything HP Update downloads called swsetup. If your HP laptop is like many HP configurations, you can drop back to your old drivers by navigating to the "swsetup" folder of your c: drive and looking for the "video" folder or similar. If you organize by last modified, you can find it easier and not confuse it with the newer drivers you have right now. Also, it will weigh just about what nvidia drivers usually way as that's all it is plus a special INF that makes it HP compatible.

For HP you could try 176.92 - at least it is one of the most compatible regarding HDMI support for HP, which is problematic.