LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Prob with Toshiba p10-554

Nighthawk

Hey,

i have a little Problem with my Toshiba, i cannot choose the resolution of 1280x1024, but i need it absolute because i have a programm that i can only use with a resolution of 1280x1024. Please help me!

Thanks. Nighthawk

Guest slash14

Well, sad news but welcome to the f***** up world of Toshiba. All Toshibas have something wrong with their screen resolution and NVIDIA drivers :)

Let's wait for a new version of NVIDIA drivers or try older drivers such as 52.16 (or even older).

Don't say all.. I have had no problems with my LCD resolution with Pieter's or Teraphy's INFs. I do not know why, maybe I'm just one of the lucky bunches. I'm about to reformat my computer to a clean install of WinXP.. so if I encounter problems with the display, I'll try to figure out how to fix it. :)

Currently running 53.03's with Pieter's latests INFs.. I tried out the Starstorm XQ's but I didn't like the "Quality" features. The textures look too grainy for my taste.. evne though it makes things a lot sharper. I'd love it if the Starstorm 53.03X drivers came out. I do love the performance increase that I get on games. :)

i cannot choose the resolution of 1280x1024,  

p10-554?? Is that an Australian or UK or Japan model?

USA has only p10-s429/s4291 and TOSHIBA Europe announced a new p10-574 but is not "quite sure about it" because in the description it's a p10-874.

Anyways, i uploaded the p10 inf for fx5600 / 5200 here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=84 so Pieter can have a look at it and if time is available he will (hopefully :wink: ) add your machine to his inf and maybe you have luck and everything is fine bla

Alrighty then,

I've added to 53.04 v11.80 the following :

Toshiba SUBSYS_FF001179 for FXgo5200

Toshiba SUBSYS_FF001179 for FXgo5600

So Toshiba owners you have work to do.

See how these go on your machines.

If it works then I'll add to other INFs as well.

So I need your feedback.

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Ok,

i have tested the follow inf: Toshiba SUBSYS_FF001179 for FXgo5600

If i install the driver , i get a failure report "nvgfx.dll not found"

I had ignored this , and after installing i can use the resolution wich i need, but after restart of the Laptop i have the standard resolutions again.

I have tested the inf with 5303 and 5304 Detonators.

Nighthawk,

Just ignore that NVGFX.DLL, it must only try to load on more modern GPU's as I don't get that error.

Strange about the resoultion, what is the Max Resolution of your LCD display ?

Pieter.

Ahh so you have a 1280x800 screen and you want a 1280x1024 Virtual desktop (scrolling just of the edge and bottom.

Had I know this earlier then I could have fixed this ages ago.

Attached is a beta 53.04 v11.80 INF with the adjustments to get any resolution upto 2048x1536 in Virtual desktop (scrolling desktop).

You will need to reinstall driver with this INF and be sure to choose a Toshiba GPU in the instalation.

I hope this is what your after and enjoy,

Pieter.

@ dontknow

Hab ich ja getan, sogar mit NastyFileRemover alle restdateien gelöscht.

@ Pieter

Thank you for the fast answer.

Can you say me the separate steps how i have to Install the Driver and .inf

Thank you

Unistall old driver via my website instructions,

Delete the nv4_dsip.inf from 53.04, then replace with my INF (see above).

Now install as per website instructions.

Pieter.