LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Old video card driver help.

duxter

It appears to me from information on the Nvidia website that the latest driver for this card is 93.xx series. This would most likely be the best driver to use with this card.

Thanks, i don't know why but it scored about 11.400 in 3dmark 2001 SE and a ti4200 scored about 9.600 and it's not a big difference. I was hopping for more from this quadro4 :)

PS: Honestly....i was hopping for at least 15.000 from an quadro4 980xgl. Tested 91.36, didn't tried 93.82 but i guess there is almost no difference :)

Edited by duxter

If you want you can try other drivers from the 9x's and before.

Well 93.82 about 200points less than 91.36...the card heats up alot, could the heating issue be the problem ? Should i try another cooler ?

What temperature does the card reach?

The card is made by nVidia, i don't think it has al health status function....didn't find anything similar but you can't touch the memory cips when it's running...they're super hot, even the PCB is very very hot :)

This does sound too hot. Especially if you cannot touch the memory. What kind of cooling does your case have?

The case is now open, Prescott's get realy hot even at iddle they're at 50 celsius so i oppend the case.

Can you tell if this has helped your video any?

I tried to play CS Source at high for 2 hours, it heats up but it does not make any problems. Still.....i'm concernd this heat issue could affect the performance (old card but still expecting more from it).

Edited by duxter

If the heat were affecting your performance, it would be affecting it by a great amount. If you are sustaining playable framerates, then your card is not thermal throttling.