LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need a New 8600m GT! Help...

05evo

Ok, Hi everyone... Iam new here, but iam not new with acer 5920g. I recently burn my 8600m gt 256m video card and all iam getting is white screen with red and blue lines across the screen, and i read some reviews on this site by replacing with 8600m gt 512m. So i order one from asus Model: 90-C1CIZ5-JXBN00Z. I just got it today, install new asus card, and all iam getting is a black screen... Please I need your help finding the rigth video card for my 5920g. If there is one, and you have one, let me know, and i'll buy it from you.

Guest Danny

I didn't write this, but this is the comment you need:

i have not tried it but i think he did it this way

1. download hp boot key and create a bootable usb

2. download nvflash

3. download 8600M GT bios

4. extract nvflash to root drive of flash drive, copy also the bios in the root drive

5. restart pc and in bios set flash drive as boot drive (F12 key usually)

6. on command prompt type "nvflash -b backup.rom', now you have a backup bios file named backup.rom

7. on command prompt type "nvflash Acer.8600MGT.512.070423.bin -4 -5 -6", wait for it dont touch nothin till it finishes up

good luck

nvflash -p -u -f backup.rom'

-4 = bypass board id mismatch (I think)

-5 = bypass device id mismatch

-6 = bypass subsystem id mismatch

8600M GT bios

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/1742/Ac...512.070423.html

hp boot key

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...TX-UNITY-I23839

nvflash

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/nVFlash.shtml

After you did the 7th step, wait 5 secs and you have to type "y" and wait around 30sec.

Literally blindflash :) . Every detail is available in the topic that I wrote. :)

How am i suppost to see, if i dont see whats going on on vbios screen? Are you sure the card is rigth for 5920g?

Guest Danny

I'm sure. You don't see but the machine works. I wrote a comment previously, but it is under moderation because of the quote :) . Reiluke wrote the method of the blindflashing on the first page of that topic. About 5 seconds after the 7th step you have to press the y button to start the flashing and you should wait 30 seconds after pressing the y and you can restart your machine.

That was a good post you made, Danny. You should register with the forum. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, Hi everyone... Iam new here, but iam not new with acer 5920g. I recently burn my 8600m gt 256m video card and all iam getting is white screen with red and blue lines across the screen, and i read some reviews on this site by replacing with 8600m gt 512m. So i order one from asus Model: 90-C1CIZ5-JXBN00Z. I just got it today, install new asus card, and all iam getting is a black screen... Please I need your help finding the rigth video card for my 5920g. If there is one, and you have one, let me know, and i'll buy it from you.

well i dont know how you flash your card on 5920... but after i changed my original card with 90-C1CIZ5-JXBN00Z, by pressing numlock or f2 button, i dont hear any beep sound. So iam just going to look for acer 8600m gt. In fact no one that i heard vflashed asus 90-C1CIZ5-JXBN00Z on aspire 5920g. So where can i find video card that will work for my 5920g?

Guest Danny

For me with the Aspire 5710G there were some long beeps, after 5710G started to boot. I hit F12 when it started to beep, I booted up from the flash drive and i uploaded the Acer 8600M GT flash to the card. That's all.

For me with the Aspire 5710G there were some long beeps, after 5710G started to boot. I hit F12 when it started to beep, I booted up from the flash drive and i uploaded the Acer 8600M GT flash to the card. That's all.

Well 5710G is not 5920G! :)

I forgot to tell that i have done blindflashing on Aspire 5920G.

Well look, when i use my original video card(8600m GT) that comes with 5920g, my usb flash drive seems to boot and makes a beep sounds. But after replacing with asus card, It doesnt seems to respond to laptop, i dont get no boot beep sound, usb stick doesnt seem to respond. I dont seriously know how you got your asus vflashed! :)

Edited by 05evo

Guest Danny

When I did that, there was no beeping like with the 5710 but i could boot from flash drive. If you were a "little" closer, i'd flash your card:(. But if you ask somebody in the Aspire 5520 topic who flashed his/her card and lives in the States, maybe this somebody would help you.

I have just tried the same Asus 512MB DDR3 card in my 5920G and it doesn't boot at all.

There is no 8600m GT with 512MB DDR3, only DDR2, or DDR3 with 256MB... I just order acer 8600m gt with 256mb from powersourceonline.com. Luckly I got it cheap. So iam selling Asus 512MB DDR2, if anyone interested, AM or PM me...

Edited by 05evo

• 1 month later...
Guest Chris

Hey guys

Just wanted 2 know if anyone has tried the new 60.84.62.00.39 (071004) acer BIOS for the 8600M GT 512MG DDR2 from Techpowerup.

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/15055/A...512.071004.html

I have, and it completely F!@#$% up my screen lol . I had 2 revert to the backup

only about one fifth of my screen was even marginally usable and all the colours were literally all over the place. However I was running dual screens at the time and my external monitor looked fine.

The only real VGA update I have been able to do successfully is update to Forceware 177.79 with modded .inf

I am running a modified Aspire 5710G

Any ideas? Thx

• 6 months later...