LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Driver for Laptop

Guest Jeff

Hey guys! Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm not computer savvy whatsoever. Anyway, onto the question...

I just obtained an XPS M1530 laptop from Dell today (using a 256 MB nVidia 8600M GT video card). The CD says that the driver's are from October/November 2007. I went to look up what driver version it is, and it says 7.15.11.7431... Not too sure what that number means b/c all the other numbers I've seen are like 175.39, etc.

Anyway, is it recommended to download a new/updated driver for my laptop, or leave it as is?

Thanks for the help!

you shouldn't update your drivers unless you find issues.

Most people update their drivers for performance improvements in games.

you current driver is 174.31.

If you dont intend on gaming much or a demanding gamer then the current driver is fine.

i have the same system. try 174.74 worked like a treat for my 1530

Link:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18049

1) download driver, and the 'modified inf'

2) extract the driver to a folder usually '174.74_vista'

3) copy the modified inf to that folder, replacing the original inf

4) run setup.

you'll notice significant improvement!

Awesome, thank you very much, I'll download that one.

I also heard of 175.39 coming out. Would it be wise to wait to download that one, or just download the 174.79 one that was recommended above?

Awesome, thank you very much, I'll download that one.

I also heard of 175.39 coming out. Would it be wise to wait to download that one, or just download the 174.79 one that was recommended above?

i'd stick with 174.74 by far the best for our machine under vista. i tried 177.26 and it ended up scrweing my machine up quite a bit. i'm not using XP as a result. much better though, so its all good!