LaptopVideo2Go Forums

LaptopVideo2Go Folding@Home Team

Michael Marley

EDIT: Wrong link posted. I have to find the link. Hold on!

Edited by Andrew55

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• astrial

• ®®®

• Michael Marley

• RFrancis

:)

come on ppl... we need more firepower...

our projected ranking is dropping...

sry guys, this is my workplace comp cant download programs, ill install it on my laptop at home though!

pleased to help :)

:)

®®®, as far as that goes, Intel kicks AMD's rear and nVidia kicks ATI's rear.

not really ati hd4870x2 is gonna kick gtx 280's rear

as far as i know, GPU2 doesn't support dual GPU at the moment, be it CF/SLI, HD3870x2 or 9800GX2...

anyway, i think i see quite a number of inactive members in the team...

@Cylcone: You cannot expect a single-GPU card to compete with a dual-GPU card. That simply is not fair. What you should be comparing is GTX280 SLIx2 to that AMD card.

hey, but the thing is both will be selling at around the same price...

That may be true, but I have used an ATI card that was supposed to be more powerful than an Nvidia card I had also used, but I had a much better experience with the nvidia card. On the ATI card, OpenGL vsync would not work, opengl performance in general was horrible, and whenever 3D was being rendered, the Windows interface would run as slow as molasses.

guys, wat happened??? only 8 active members out of the 27 who joined???

New members joining here, with one 24/7 server, one 20/7 laptop and some systems I repair (and are allowed to place F@H on) So my WU's should increase a bit every month. And I guess my server will do just fine 24/7. =]

By the way, my nick is snxs, Guido Bouman in real life.

Edit:

Alright! Registered with LV2G now!

I joined this team as snxs

I hope my help will make a small change to the world. =]

Great. Thank you and happy folding. Any specs from the server?

The server's specs:

- Sempron X64 3400+

- 2GB DDR

- XFX nVidia 6600GT

- 2X 500GB Western Digital hard drives.

- Everything Zalman cooled.

Not a killing machine, but ultimately stable, super cool (Although in a 32 degrees room), and does what it has to do. Like data holding, testing private servers, and making sure my laptop isn't flooded with movies.

It runs the GPU1 or CPU Advanced client, dunno if that's a good thing, I'm kinda new to Folding @ Home.

as far as i know, GPU1 has already been replaced by GPU2...

re u running the SMP client instead??

We are advancing. Soon the 4000th rank is reached.

at 1300 GMT, we are ranked 4033 among all the teams folding...

more firepower guys...

this may be a bit late, but:

CONGRATS TO TeknoKit and snxs for for reaching the milestone of 2500pts and 1000pts respectively

take note there's a new version of the GPU2 available... and u'll need it in order to continue running

Added 3 links to the first post for those who are interested. Also updated statistics again. We should be under 4000 now :)

I got a server with a E6400 (2.13GHz) running now 24/7, and it has P35 integrated graphics (G33). It runs 2 instances of the latest v6.20 console client. The SMP (which got updated recently) client is still a pain to get running properly (as stated by various people in the stanford forums and Pande himself). It's true BETA and the Deino/MPI implementation is kind of unstable in Windows environments, but runs great in LInux and else. In my opinion it's not worth the hassle for Windows (especially if you don't have time to look after every now and then).

As my GF 6800 is not capable of GPU folding i still have to fold with the CPU client on my main PC :)

Everybody put in a few bucks so we can buy Rene a nice Nvidia 9800gx2 to do his GPU folding on!

preciated

It took roughly 1 month for us to reach the 4000 rank. Lets see how long for 3000.

Btw we have collected about 90 WUs in our team with no points (last 8). As i'm one of them i think these are failed attempts to run the SMP client properly. There are various error messages (FILE IO error, EUE aka WU completed too early etc etc.) and it's a good idea to check if your client runs properly. If not, switch to the latest FAH 6.20 client.

those guys in the FAH forum actually caculated the "cost of card/PPD", and found out that 9600GSO has the highest ratio...

should be a nice card for a folding machine considering that it's now relegated to be an entry level card...

Moving almost reached 3800th rank :) We need more people :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if people are still participating, However i owe so much to this website that I am willing to donate some of my GPU flops to get the name of LaptopVideo2Go out there for more people to see and enjoy!

Participating Under the Name: Roberto_Francis

EDIT: We are about to cross the 3000th mark... Just a quick thought, maybe some admins or moderators should encourage some people by giving them an exclusive folding@home forum status. It benefits the website and raises awareness on the other members. Congratulations to the top 10 BTW.

Currently at 3084

Edited by RFrancis