LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for DV9500 and AoC

Avareyne

I am looking for the best driver to play AoC on a DV9500. I've tried a few but haven't gotten the improvement I desire. I got a 10 fps increase with the last driver I tried though (the newest on the front page) but want to try others since game play is kinda glitchy with this one (lots of stutters, not sure how to explain it, where I'll have 40 fps, then drop to 6 and sometimes stay there for the duration of my game time).

If your FPS drops and stays there, it could be a heat-related problem. What is the temperature of your GPU when the slowdowns occur?

If your FPS drops and stays there, it could be a heat-related problem. What is the temperature of your GPU when the slowdowns occur?

I'm doubting it's heat. My laptop got way warmer playing WoW for extended periods and this never happened. It doesn't happen everytime I play either. I'm always alert of heat after what happened with my ZD8000. :)

Going by the AoC forums, it's mostly the game itself, but I'm going to change my RAM, get a faster HDD, and trying to find better drivers to try and help some. Also going to switch to vista 64 after I get new RAM (4gb).

Edited by Avareyne

I use Vista 64 and it works quite well. Just make sure you turn off User Account Control and the Windows Sidebar.

I use Vista 64 and it works quite well. Just make sure you turn off User Account Control and the Windows Sidebar.

Ok, what drivers increase FPS in this game without the stuttering? Not doing it for a couple weeks since I have to find RAM. It's only got 2 now.

I don't play AoC, I was just commenting that I thought Vista 64 worked well. If I were you, I would just use the latest driver available.

I don't play AoC, I was just commenting that I thought Vista 64 worked well. If I were you, I would just use the latest driver available.

I was using the very latest when I made this post. I am using 174.31 now which seems to be far better than that one for this card.

Also, noticed my Nvidia Control Panel was forcing AA in the game, not sure how/why that happened but I turned it off, will see if that helps also.

I was getting 30 fps on avg before that with these 174.31 drivers. about 10-15fps average with the 175.19 drivers.

I no longer have that permanent drop with the 174.31. I'll be sticking with these until I hear of something better. Now that AA isn't forced I expect better performance also, so maybe more than 30 avg.

Edited by Avareyne