LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for Clevo Laptop w/ 8800 GTX?

Mortinator

I accidentally uninstalled my driver and the Microsoft Operating system reverted my display to a standard VGA driver. I tried installing any drivers (in the safe mode as well) and they say "could not locate drivers". Then a guy told me that laptopvideo2go hosts desktop display drivers, which are modified to install on a notebook and i cannot just download any drivers. I am not sure which one to download for my system. I play Age of Conan , WoW , CS:Source... Can anyone recommend me a driver for my laptop?

My Laptop (Clevo M570RU) Spec:

IntelĀ® Core2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40 Ghz (2 CPus)

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

Windows Vista Ultimate (64 bit)

Thank you VERY much

I would recommend either 177.35 or 175.16. Just make sure you read the Quickstart Guide and use the Modded INF. It should work just fine.

I would recommend either 177.35 or 175.16. Just make sure you read the Quickstart Guide and use the Modded INF. It should work just fine.

wahts the difference between 177 , 175 , 169 and others??

Mainly just increases in speed (with the higher versions) and support for new cards. Some people have trouble with the 177.xx drivers, though, so if you do I would try 175.16, which is actually the latest stable driver from nvidia for which we have a working modded INF.

Mainly just increases in speed (with the higher versions) and support for new cards. Some people have trouble with the 177.xx drivers, though, so if you do I would try 175.16, which is actually the latest stable driver from nvidia for which we have a working modded INF.

i tried 175.16 , the FPS that i get from playing AoC is so much lower and its laggy when i use this driver.

is you gpu downclocking when playing that game?

use gpuz to check when you start the game, if its not 500/799 then the gpu is downclocking with drivers that aren 167.44.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=17753

ijust checked my bios and the version is 1.00.07

Edited by Mortinator

is you gpu downclocking when playing that game?

use gpuz to check when you start the game, if its not 500/799 then the gpu is downclocking with drivers that aren 167.44.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=17753

Alright , i just downloaded all the stuff, i have a question for this step

"4)Once saved close ultra iso and open it up again, choose file => Open => browse to flashcd.iso and select open.

If done right you will find the bios file v1.00.08 in with the flashcd.iso file as shown in the last Screen Shot.

To Burn the disk select tools => burn CD/DVD image"

so do i need a cd to burn those files or ?

yes or use a dvd like i did.

there isn another way to flash bios wihtout using a cd or floppy disk (by using usb instead)

but i havent tested the other methods.

only attempt to update the video bios if your card downclocks using non stock drivers i.e 167.44

i think ill download it anyways since my BIOS driver is 1.00.07 , probably i can play better with the new version (what harm can it do anyways). So i have to get a blank dvd-r then ...

Edited by Mortinator